No announcement yet.

Tacoma Testing 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good info and encouragement from the people who have been through it all. Big thanks to everyone for their input! And like Truck said, that inside scoop throughout has been much appreciated, flipper.

Best wishes to all moving forward and all who hope to in the future!

Comment

• Tacoma is keeping the dream alive for all parties that passed the written test..... not just those that had high scores. As uncomfortable as it is to acknowledge, most minorities score lower on their written tests than their white counterparts. This round appears to be a field leveler for those that did not score high. (All individuals who passed the test have been classified as being qualified to be a FF for city of Tacoma). Kudos for Tacoma in their ongoing quest for parity.

From City of Tacoma Civil Service Rules-
      http://cms.cityoftacoma.org/citycler...F#Chapter_1.24

1.24.665 Affirmative measures.
      The City of Tacoma is committed to affirmatively
      redressing and remedying, to the full extent allowable
      by law, historical patterns of past discrimination
      based on race, gender, and disability which manifest
      themselves in the makeup of the City's work force.
      In order to achieve a representative work force
      (commonly known as parity), as well as promoting
      the concerns of the City of Tacoma toward affording
      opportunities for public employment to Blacks,
      Asian/Pacific Islanders, Hispanics, American
      Indian/Alaskan Natives, females, females of color,
      and individuals with a disability, the City Manager or
      Director of Utilities, or their designees, may
      authorize using affirmative measures when
      recruiting, considering and appointing individuals to
      City service.

Also, City of Tacoma is obligated (by Civil Service Rules) to go deep into the ranks (bands) because they are apparently hiring over 21 people..... getting those deeper ranks out of the way to be in compliance with Civil Service rules. I don't think the ranks near the top will be neglected.

1.24.650......Open List: If no reemployment eligibles exist, and in
      the absence of a request to fill the position by other
      authorized action, the Human Resources Director
      shall certify to the department requesting
      certification, names from the appropriate open list of
      eligibles scoring in the top ten ranks. For each
      additional vacancy, the Human Resources Director
      shall certify names of eligibles in the next
      consecutive rank. (Section 1.24.640, subject to
      Section 1.24.665.) (Ord. 26886 § 11; passed Dec. 4,
      2001: Ord. 25941 § 2; passed Aug. 27, 1996:
      amended pursuant to Charter § 6.14; effective
      Jan. 29, 1980: amended pursuant to Charter § 6.14;
      Oct. 18, 1971: Ord. 16383; passed Jun. 29, 1959)
      Last edited by JD2011; 07-10-2011, 05:58 PM.

Comment

• I received a call. Hard to say exactly how they choose...Im in a high band, with fire experience and certs, but also had a couple of speeding ticket a few years ago(although I had them deferred with traffic school)....but still listed them on background. So who knows.. Good luck to all next week.

Comment

• Anyone know if they will have a second hiring phase later on this year and an academy in Feb or March 2012?

Comment

• Originally posted by piphill View Post
            Anyone know if they will have a second hiring phase later on this year and an academy in Feb or March 2012?
            I talked to a LT at TFD on Saturday and he told me that there will be another academy in Feb 2012. So hang in there

Comment

• That is amazing!!! Thanks Hawaii44!!!!

Comment

• Recieved a call for PAT today 7/11 for this thurs! Talk about last minute! Just when I had lost hope for this go around! Just goes to show you never know what will happen and to never give up on the dream! Band 10 w/exp! Game on! Best of luck to all!

Comment

• Heard 120 or so to pat and 60 or so to orals. Orals next week. Be prepared.
                  So I hear...

Comment

• Nothing for me but good luck to everybody who did make it, i wish you the best and hope that you will reach your goals.....

Comment

• Originally posted by flipper123 View Post
                      Heard 120 or so to pat and 60 or so to orals. Orals next week. Be prepared.
                      So I hear...
                      Thanks for the heads up, Flipper123. They weren't kidding when they said orals were going to be iron-your-shirt-today soon. Exciting!

Comment

• Originally posted by FIREHIREWA View Post
                        Recieved a call for PAT today 7/11 for this thurs! Talk about last minute! Just when I had lost hope for this go around! Just goes to show you never know what will happen and to never give up on the dream! Band 10 w/exp! Game on! Best of luck to all!
                        Good luck to everyone else testing this week! I have mine tomorrow...maybe I'll see you there, FireHireWA.

Comment

• Throwing a question out there. To everyone who passed the test does your application status say "Passed test, on list, will be contacted for PAT."? I didn't receive a call and wondering if others were in the same boat in regards to the application status. Good luck to all that made it!

Comment

• Took my PAT yesterday and just scheduled an appointment for my interview!!!!!

fireflash7: My status still says "Passed test, on list, will be contacted for PAT."

I'm not sure if they still update this.

Comment

• Will there be additional PAT's in September if another class will be in Feb 2012?

Comment

• Some time between Sept and January?
                                Kinda vague, haven't heard yet.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse