No announcement yet.

Tacoma Testing 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There's a good chance that people going to the PAT may be going to the orals.
    Not all of them of course.
    Note they are only doing 4 days of PAT, as opposed to the usual 2 weeks or so.

Not everyone will get an invite to the PAT, even in a higher band.
    Many different reasons for that. Doesn't mean you're out of the process, just that you aren't moving on with this group.

Last I heard, orals are coming very, very soon, with hire date Late August.
    Think very very very soon. Like iron your shirt now.

Good Luck!

Comment

• So what is the basis for a number 22 going to the PAT and not a number 8 or 9? Is it based on FF experience, education, perfect driving record, etc?? I only ask because I'm sitting at a pretty high band, with FF experience, and bachelors degree so I kind of thought I'd get a call.

Comment

• Originally posted by TruckOps84 View Post
        So what is the basis for a number 22 going to the PAT and not a number 8 or 9? Is it based on FF experience, education, perfect driving record, etc?? I only ask because I'm sitting at a pretty high band, with FF experience, and bachelors degree so I kind of thought I'd get a call.
        I'm in the same boat at you, I'm in band 12 with FF experience, and a college degree. The only thing on my background that is bad is a couple tickets 3 and 4 years ago. Thought I'd get a call too, I was excited to test and get a chance with Tacoma. So far the only people i've heard getting calls were in the 20+ bands. Maybe they only took people with perfect driving records.
        Last edited by Hawaii44; 07-08-2011, 09:39 PM.

Comment

• no call here yet and im in band #25 out of the friends i test with only one in 6 has gotten a call and he is in group #18

Comment

• Originally posted by RMRS View Post
            I'm band 8 and still have not heard from HR. Maybe they call alphabetically? My last name starts with a W.
            Wishfull thinking on my part. I'm in band 8 as well with FF experience, maybe it was the two speeding tickets.

Comment

• Originally posted by flipper123 View Post
              There's a good chance that people going to the PAT may be going to the orals.
              Not all of them of course.
              Note they are only doing 4 days of PAT, as opposed to the usual 2 weeks or so.

Not everyone will get an invite to the PAT, even in a higher band.
              Many different reasons for that. Doesn't mean you're out of the process, just that you aren't moving on with this group.

Last I heard, orals are coming very, very soon, with hire date Late August.
              Think very very very soon. Like iron your shirt now.

Good Luck!
              I know a lot of us have been geared up and ready to go on this process with a good ranking, good credentials, fitness, etc.. Some people might even have studied their a** off in an attempt to rank well.

Regarding those of us that didn't get the call to move forward, does anyone know whether we'll hear any more official info from TFD? Is there a way to know if we're still in the process or if we're just out? Is this a numbers and possible 'rules of banding' thing, or is this specifically a background thing?

Flipper mentioned the phrase "many reasons" for high ranking with no PAT invite.. Fire2323 said: "the rank system does matter unless something came back in your background that you didnt put down. if you dont receive a call back this time, you are not out of the process." Would that indicate that if people in the 20s are getting called, higher ranked folks are out?

Thoughts anyone?

Comment

• My thought here, and it is just a thought 'cause I don't know nothin, is that the higher numbers getting calls means one of two things. Either the lower numbers are out because of bad backgrounds or the higher numbers had some REALLY good qualifications that the department couldn't pass up on. Hopefully it's the latter because that would leave the lower numbers in the running for the next go around but I'm guessing it's probably a bit of both. Good luck to the rest of you that are in the same boat as me, let's keep our fingers crossed for round two!

Comment

• From my personal experience:
                  Back when I tested, I was ranked in a fairly high band and a friend of mine was ranked in a much lower band than me. However, she was called up for an interview and I wasn't. No official reason, but just sayin'.

Comment

• Originally posted by TruckOps84 View Post
                    So what is the basis for a number 22 going to the PAT and not a number 8 or 9? Is it based on FF experience, education, perfect driving record, etc?? I only ask because I'm sitting at a pretty high band, with FF experience, and bachelors degree so I kind of thought I'd get a call.
                    FF experience, mid-teen band, college degree, perfect driving record... and no call for me, either. Dunno fella's, but congrats to those getting the chance.

Comment

Last edited by BC1979; 07-27-2011, 11:22 AM.

Comment

• I finished in the top 50 with Seattle twice, and wasn't hired either time.
                        You just never know how it's gonna play out, their are so many variables.
                        I used to get pretty ****ed off and blame the women/minorities/whatever, but the bottom line is it's just a lottery to a certain extent. You can't blame other people.
                        Typically the top 100 or so people are serious testers, are squared away, in good shape, with good backgrounds. Lot's of certs, education, etc.
                        Any one of them would probably be good to go.
                        As for who gets the job, it's a dice roll.
                        You can improve your odds with a good performance at the oral board, or having certain things in your background, but the bottom line is sometimes you just don't know what happened.
                        So ya keep testing, keep finishing in the top 10%, and you will get hired.

I also heard there are only 3 days of PAT, so they really didn't move very many forward at all.
                        Maybe crazy talk since I know nothing, because I work as a janitor.

Comment

• Hey flipper I appreciate your input throughout all of this. I like to see your name on a post because I know it won't be BS. It means a lot that a guy in your position (already hired, nothing to gain from this post) is willing to keep tabs on this thread and keep us informed of what's happening. Thanks.

Comment

• Every "no" gets you closer to a "yes".

Unless you're a chode...then the answer will always...well...unfortunately the white shirts make the hiring decisions...

Comment

• What they said!
                              You may not always find out exactly why.
                              And maintaining a positive attitude throughout the whole process in any process is key. Some of us had to get a few more "no"'s before that "yes" and some others won't.
                              Either way, TFD is a great department; very traditional, but also not opposed to change.

Hang tough.

Comment

• Is there anyone who made it through and did not go to the practice PAT? Just curious to know.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X