Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Captain Bob, gold package program reviews?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by ColoradoDave View Post
    Well i went to buy this tonight.... they took the money out of my account but on the order page is said it didn't work....


    i emailed them i hope to hear back soon.


    -Colorado
    I ordered mine today too, went through fine. Capt. Bob emailed me himself to say thanks for ordering. I'm sure you'll get it straightened out.

    Comment


    • #17
      I would invest in this book. Don't think that this will make the process easy. Using this program requires time and work. It is 100% worth your time and money.
      I used the advice he gave and applied it to the oral interview when I was applying to paramedic school. I went up against 140 people for 10 spots. Sure enough, they asked the same questions "Why do you want to be a paramedic?" "What would you do if you caught your co-worker taking drugs out of the drug box?"
      As far as the haters go, don't listen to them. They have at least 200 excuses why they can't get hired, when the real reason they can't get hired is there attitude and lack of motivation. They give excuses "This department isn't hiring" "You have to know someone to get on" to others in hopes that others will be unmotivated and drop out of the process. This way, they have less competition.

      - Mark

      Comment


      • #18
        I RECOMMEND CAPTAIN BOBS GOLD PACK


        My first interview was BAD i was like wait what just happened NOW if i get to an interview THE BALL IS IN MY COURT!!!!!!!! Thats how i feel I SWEAR.... and the BEST PART he Teaches you how to use all YOUR OWN ANSWERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

        The Encyclopedia of Firefighter Examinations is Good and i do recommend it BUT i also recommend McGraw-Hill's Firefighter Exams thats my favorite one....

        Good Luck.....

        Comment


        • #19
          well there are 2 charges on my card but i got a email back saying it was canceled.... I hope i can get this going. i would like to start studying.




          -codave

          Comment


          • #20
            Hi Guys-

            Capt. Bob's stuff is good, and I also used it several years ago. I've read Chief Lepore's Oral Board Guide and there's some good stuff in there also. I have a free written exam pretest and a list of commonly asked Oral Board questions you can get for free on my blog. As far as the Oral Board...that's where the job is earned. The first line of questioning is usually "Tell us about yourself". I've got an article on there called "Everything you've done..." and it helps with that question. Its one of the first articles I posted because it really sets the tone for the rest of the board.

            Hope this helps,

            Paul C.
            PaulC
            FF/EMTP
            City of Las Vegas Fire & Rescue
            gethiredbyfire.com & The Fire Jobs App

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by PaulC. View Post
              Hi Guys-

              Capt. Bob's stuff is good, and I also used it several years ago. I've read Chief Lepore's Oral Board Guide and there's some good stuff in there also. I have a free written exam pretest and a list of commonly asked Oral Board questions you can get for free on my blog. As far as the Oral Board...that's where the job is earned. The first line of questioning is usually "Tell us about yourself". I've got an article on there called "Everything you've done..." and it helps with that question. Its one of the first articles I posted because it really sets the tone for the rest of the board.

              Hope this helps,

              Paul C.
              Thanks for all the advice guys, looing forward to getting the book and program. Paul, where can I find the pretest and the article?

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by mmillner81 View Post
                I would invest in this book. Don't think that this will make the process easy. Using this program requires time and work. It is 100% worth your time and money.
                I used the advice he gave and applied it to the oral interview when I was applying to paramedic school. I went up against 140 people for 10 spots. Sure enough, they asked the same questions "Why do you want to be a paramedic?" "What would you do if you caught your co-worker taking drugs out of the drug box?"
                As far as the haters go, don't listen to them. They have at least 200 excuses why they can't get hired, when the real reason they can't get hired is there attitude and lack of motivation. They give excuses "This department isn't hiring" "You have to know someone to get on" to others in hopes that others will be unmotivated and drop out of the process. This way, they have less competition.

                - Mark
                It definitely won't make the process easy as I don't think anythign will, but I think it'll give me a way to channel all my work and effort in a better way. I interviewed once before for a volunteer position and totally bombed it going only against 135 people for 25 positions. This time around I'm going to be ready by applying myself in every way possible, and belive me I have the motivation and desire to fuel some serious damage! With 2 big city departments testing this year I could not be more excited at the possibility of a badge this year. Thanks for all the help with deciding on Capt. Bob's program.

                Just FYI I'm 23 years old, white male. Originally from Russia so I speak Russian fluently as well as English. Have a clean criminal record and my last traffic ticket was about 5 years ago.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Well, I think it ended up being my fault and ordering with the wrong place.....

                  So the money got back on my card today, and I gave Capt. Bob a call and he picked up we had a nice chat and helping me get everything in order... One cool cool guy.

                  I hope to get the books soon so I can get my but in gear.


                  http://www.eatstress.com/


                  -coloradodave
                  Last edited by ColoradoDave; 03-04-2011, 05:58 PM.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Just a little more info, 2 of my CD's had broke (I have been listening to them to much I guess) I emailed Capt Bob with in 30 min he had emailed me back and he would help me out. There are not many places you can get service like this. I highly recommend him.



                    -Codave

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      I have the program as well and I'm kind of kicking myself for buying it. Not because I don't think it worked, but once you get the book and if you regularly check this website and read through a lot of the postings from others on here trying to get information on oral board techniques. Capt. Bob literally posts whole sections of the book on here, along with the information on the website! Granted, there is obviously more info in the books and the DVD was really helpful too. If you like what you see from the stuff on here and on his website, you'll like what you get with the package. I did learn a lot of stuff from reading through it and it was really helpful. As for the haters on here, they're all a joke and are definitely someone that you do not ever want to take advice from. If someone can bash someone for trying to help strangers get into a dream career, then they're definitely not someone I want to associate with or take advice from. So, he's marketing his products? Who cares! A lot of the information is gold and is defnitely worth the investment in yourself for getting that dream career.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        I got Capt. Bob's gold package and listened to it every day and used a voice recorder and after 5 interviews this year im sitting #3 on my dream departments list. Everything that he says in the CD's I applied and it worked.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by Cbar84 View Post
                          I got Capt. Bob's gold package and listened to it every day and used a voice recorder and after 5 interviews this year im sitting #3 on my dream departments list. Everything that he says in the CD's I applied and it worked.
                          Nice man i will be there soon!

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Yes you will just keep at it and put your nose to the grind stone.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Yes it works but you also gotta do your part and work on your oral board skills DAILY. Most people I know workout more than practice oral boards which will make you a buff clone. Marry your tape recorder.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Also capt. Bob has excellent customer service, he wrote me back after every email promptly and was always helpful.

                                Comment

                                300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

                                Collapse

                                Upper 300x250

                                Collapse

                                Taboola

                                Collapse

                                Leader

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X