Vancouver, Wa. Skills Test.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vancouver, Wa. Skills Test.

I received an e-mail from VFD that I was invited to a skills test and behavioral assessment on March 5th. Has anyone else received this e-mail? Anyone have any information about Vancouver's hiring plans for this year?

Thanks.

I thought VFD just layed off some guys, I know they closed a station. I am not sure about the layoffs or if they just didn't fill positions that came open with retirements.
    www.portlandfirefighters.org
    Portland Fire Pictures/Dick Harris

http://www.finsnbeasts.com

Comment

I am invited to the same session as well. Sounds like it will be the same skills assessment as the one done to get your Firefighter I certification, they sent a link along from wsp (84 pages long).

I have no knowledge whether they are going to test every one of those items or just selected few.

Good luck and see you there!

Comment

What did you guys score on PST to continue on? I got a 96.96% and Vancouver requested my background packet but I havent heard anything yet... Thanks any info is appreciated.

Comment

Vanc Fire Process

I got a 96.16 on PST and have not heard anything either. I have taken PST in the past and have seen dozens of candidates with 105% -110% after vet points were calculated. I don't think are 96's are getting us to the next step this time. I will let you know if I hear anything. Good Luck with everything

Comment

Did you guys fill out the application on governmentjobs as well? It looks like they created some steps past the PST test and I sent in copies of all my certifications they requested.

Your PST scores look VERY competitive, so I am baffled as to why you haven't moved on.

Comment

confused

2loud.
              I did the PHS with public safety and I filled out the App for the city of Vancouver, got an e-mail reply that they accepted it, I also hand delivered copies of all my certs and have not heard anything. I do not want you to reveal anything, but did you score below a 96.16 and move on? if so I must have been passed over for some other reason. Thanks for your help. also what other steps have they had you do beyond what I have already done? Thanks and good luck with everything.

Comment

JM,

No worries. You described all the steps I had taken (I mailed the copies though). My score with PST is significantly lower. I just recently received an e-mail invitation to this skills and behavior evaluation next Saturday.

I hope you hear from them soon too.

Comment

2loud'

Thanks for the reply. I'll keep my eye on my e-mail. by the way, when did you get your e-mail regarding the skills lab? and who was it from. City? or the Dept? or from Govjobs?

Thanks

Comment

JM,

It was an e-mail from govjobs, but referencing that replies will be going straight to the HR. The email I received was sent out on the 18th.

Comment

worried

2loud

Thx for letting me know that you received your email from govjobs, I hope it can get cleared up. Thanks for your info.
                      Last edited by JM1975; 03-01-2011, 02:18 AM.

Comment

Ya I have no idea where I went wrong. Applied online, faxed certs, etc. etc. Nothing glaring in my background except one speeding ticket 8 years ago so I don't know what the problems could be. Haven't heard anything yet a "thanks but no thanks" email would be nice.

Comment

Has anyone heard back from Vancouver since Saturday testing?

Comment

Vancouver fire

Originally posted by 2loud4u View Post
                            Has anyone heard back from Vancouver since Saturday testing?
                            I have not let me know if you do. Have you heard anything about Vancouver not getting the Safer grant?

Comment

Just received an e-mail from HR inviting me to an oral board next Saturday. Yay! Good luck to all of you guys, check your e-mails!

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X