Cal fire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cal fire

Does anyone here have some insight on Cal Fire? I applied for a seasonal position this year and wanted to know when testing starts. If anyone has any info I'd appreciate it, thanks!

Originally posted by Edgar N. View Post
    Does anyone here have some insight on Cal Fire? I applied for a seasonal position this year and wanted to know when testing starts. If anyone has any info I'd appreciate it, thanks!
    Try contacting CalFire and see what they have to say. That is your best bet!!
    Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Comment

Unfortunately many units are not even interviewing. Most are laying off a third or so of their current FF's. I have heard rumors of FF's with 3 or 4 seasons potentially being laid off. I'm not saying give up, but I would say unfortunately with the state in a financial mess, that this is not the year.

Best of luck

Comment

I've heard the same. I would still politic and get your name/face out there. You never know... Things could possibly change depending on the type of fire season we have.

Comment

Definitely not a good year to pour your heart and soul into it. The governor wants 3-0 staffing, which means many of last year's seasonal FF's won't be rehired. So you'd be competing against them, too.
          It never hurts to get out there and politick a little bit, though.
          If I were you, I'd work for the Forest Service, find a PCF position, and/or start paramedic school. Don't waste your time driving all over the state.

Also, you MUST have your Cal Fire Basic Wildland Course!! Your application will very likely end up in the round file, otherwise, and unless you're a former Navy SEAL, they won't look twice at you.
          It is also highly recommended that you have your EMT and FFI.

Comment

Navy Seal or not, you will not get the job unless you meet the minimum requirements. I know many fourth year seasonal firefighters that got the boot because of the 3-0 staffing. The hiring is unit dependent on how many firefighters they have picked up over the years. Chances of getting picked up is slim to none because the laid off firefighters have priority. I would still politic and get your name out there. What's it going to hurt?

Comment

Thank you for the insight everyone, I appreciate it! I'm going to give them a call to see what's going on.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
              Working...
              X