Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Henderson Fire Dpt. is testing apply now!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Henderson Fire Dpt. is testing apply now!

Henderson opened up apps today apply asap they are only accepting 500!

Submitted! Looks like I'll be flying from from Vegas to Dallas now. Good luck to all those that managed to get an app in!
    Last edited by NV-Fire775; 03-04-2011, 02:03 AM.

Comment

Welp, I may be blind but I cannot find a link or any info on it. Any help?
      Isaiah 43:1-2

1 But now, this is what the LORD says—
      he who created you, Jacob,
      he who formed you, Israel:
      “Do not fear, for I have redeemed you;
      I have summoned you by name; you are mine.
      2 When you pass through the waters,
      I will be with you;
      and when you pass through the rivers,
      they will not sweep over you.
      When you walk through the fire,
      you will not be burned;
      the flames will not set you ablaze.

Comment

applied for fire medic, should i apply for just fire too?

Comment

http://agency.governmentjobs.com/henderson/default.cfm

Go down and you will see it, and I would only apply for one if I were you.

Comment

...This is why I check this site every day. Application successfully submitted. Thanks for the heads-up!!

Good luck!

Comment

Got my application in last night. Applied for Firefighter/EMT-Basic. I assume they will reach the 500 application limit well before the application deadline of march 16th.

Comment

wow, i cant believe someone posted this before it closed. wouldnt have known about it. i check the site once or twice a week. but thanks, by the way,

Comment

Got my app in, wooo

Comment

app is closed now for FF/EMT

Comment

Good luck everyone! I have heard they are going to hire very few FF/EMTs off of this list.

Comment

....and I heard the TOTAL apps being taken for both hires (FF/Medic and FF/EMT) is 500,....not 500 per. I wouldn't be surprized if the ratio of Medic to EMT hire is something around 4:1 or 5:1.

Will Henderson Fire give us a list of recommended books to study, or are we to go off the outline of what will be covered on the exam and use our own materials to study for it? (Both CCFD and LVFD recommended specific books...)

Comment

Originally posted by Thank You 4 Your Time View Post
                          ....and I heard the TOTAL apps being taken for both hires (FF/Medic and FF/EMT) is 500,....not 500 per. I wouldn't be surprized if the ratio of Medic to EMT hire is something around 4:1 or 5:1.

Will Henderson Fire give us a list of recommended books to study, or are we to go off the outline of what will be covered on the exam and use our own materials to study for it? (Both CCFD and LVFD recommended specific books...)
                          Their accepting 500 for FF/EMT and 250 for FF/PM. Their is only specific material to refer to for the EMT and Medic questions on the written exam. That material is listed in each job announcement. The rest of the exam is general knowledge. Hope that helps.
                          Last edited by nnfra200302; 02-18-2011, 12:28 PM.

Comment

Thanks nnfra, I figured the written would be mostly general knowledge, just wondered if there would be specific books to look at. I already have the recent editions of the generally recommended test-taking books, so, should be good to go.

Unlike the CC test, I can only imagine this one will be "Unless you score in the 90's to high-90's, might as well forget it."

Comment

app is in for FF/Medic, I like the numbers, 1/250 is pretty good odds. Anyone else driving up from AZ??

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X