Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Botetourt County, VA...anyone know anything?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Botetourt County, VA...anyone know anything?

Several positions, different ranks, available for the County. Anyone have any insight as to the roles/ responsibilities for the Lieutenant and Captain spots (of Emergency Services)????

Bump........

Comment

I talked to HR on Friday. They said there are 8 positions that are being funded by the SAFER grant. They are still not sure what type of physical agility test they will be using. It seems like a very nice place to live. I'm sure they are not that busy due to their very rural setting. I did send in an app though...

Comment

I bet they will have a process for promotion of the higher ranking positions. But if people get promoted that means an open lower end spot Firefighter or EMT spot for a new rookie to get.

Comment

Botetourt County is a rural county with a suburban interface on the southern end. County is 556 Square miles with a population around 35,000.

Roughly 4,500-5000 calls per year. 1,000 Fire calls the rest EMS

The Safer grant is for a 12 hour engine staffed in Fincastle that will work 5 days per week in a volunteer house that currently houses a 24 hour medic truck.

Growing county, good benefits and a good place to raise a family. Still a developing combination system that currently has 17 FT employees and around 150 - 200 volunteers.

If you want more details just email me [email protected]
          Troutville Volunteer Fire Department
          www.tvfd.org

Comment

I noticed on my email from HR that they boldly stated that they can not guarantee that you will be able to remain employed after the grant is over, or 12 months after the grant period. Do you forsee any issues with the funding of the positions after the grant? I'm desperately trying to relocate my family to a place like this, but I don't want to up and move and in 24-36 months I'm out of a job. Thanks for any input that you may have.

Comment

Originally posted by senatobiafire View Post
              I noticed on my email from HR that they boldly stated that they can not guarantee that you will be able to remain employed after the grant is over, or 12 months after the grant period. Do you forsee any issues with the funding of the positions after the grant? I'm desperately trying to relocate my family to a place like this, but I don't want to up and move and in 24-36 months I'm out of a job. Thanks for any input that you may have.
              Bad part about safer they can get rid of you after the safer requirements are meet.

Comment

Ibviously there is that risk anywhere you go that has a safer grant. But the staffing was sought out as a much needed part of the fire and ems system. So I don't forsee it being a problem.

However If there is a market fallout I wouldn't count on anyone having a job anywhere ....
                Troutville Volunteer Fire Department
                www.tvfd.org

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                Working...