No announcement yet.

Portland Fire & Rescue (Oregon) recruiting 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patience buddy they said it would be a long drawn out process so i guess just sit back and relax and start preparing for the interviews and other tests if you are taking any....

Comment

• what the hell? it's 3:15pst and haven't heard boo yet? anyone hear anything?

Comment

• They said 2 to 3 weeks be patient it will all come in good time.

Comment

• I'm pretty sure they said Aug. 15th, I do remember the woman from HR getting on the mic and saying Aug. 15th. I thought that was the day they'd be posting. Did anyone else hear something different?

Seriously, it's a scan tron. 2 weeks is more than enough time.

Comment

• During the 1st test the HR lady said 2 to 3 weeks so all you can do is wait.....

Comment

• Ok I know waiting sucks and is beyond stressful, HR is not fast with these things. Don't know why but they never have been and it is from entrance exams all the way through promotional exams. Three week is pretty standard for just about everything. My guess would be maybe fri, they tend to release results for exams on fridays. Good luck.
              www.portlandfirefighters.org
              Portland Fire Pictures/Dick Harris

http://www.finsnbeasts.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Ktool View Post
                I'm pretty sure they said Aug. 15th, I do remember the woman from HR getting on the mic and saying Aug. 15th. I thought that was the day they'd be posting. Did anyone else hear something different?

Seriously, it's a scan tron. 2 weeks is more than enough time.
                Ktool, dude, no need to worry. Waiting is the name of the game with these tests. You're going to be doing a lot of waiting if you move forward so you may as well come to terms with that now. The results will come.

Comment

• Yeah, I know. I've been through this before. It took me years to become a full time firefighter and now I've recently been laid off. All I want to is to be back on the truck running calls. I was on a great department(with a very slow HR too) and was happy to be there for the next 20 years. Now that I have to start over again, I just want a department where I can live and work for the next 20 years. I don't want to start over again.

But you forget how tough and long this process can be.

Comment

Last edited by ciandebaldo; 08-17-2011, 10:18 PM.

Comment

• yeah they'll rehire me, but the mayor is talking 20 more layoffs next year! I'd rather not say what city or state. So if I do get hired back, there is a good chance I'd be laid off again.....even if he's threatening 20, I could see 10 layoffs.

He's not happy our union didn't give in to his demands.

I hope I do get offered my job back but when or if that day comes, it's a heavy decision to make if I go back...

Hopefully this Mayor gets voted out in November....then the whole climate would shift dramatically.

Comment

• Status Change on governmentjobs to Physical agility test

Comment

Last edited by ciandebaldo; 08-17-2011, 10:18 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by TruckOps84 View Post
                            Status Change on governmentjobs to Physical agility test
                            SO it says N/A on the physical agility which I am assuming means I didnt make the cut but are they going to at least post the scores?

Comment

• Originally posted by ashncole View Post
                              SO it says N/A on the physical agility which I am assuming means I didnt make the cut but are they going to at least post the scores?
                              Mine has said that all along, since before the written exam...but I am also assuming that I didn't make the cut if my status hasn't changed already.

Comment

• Lets not get ahead of ourselves we don't know how they are entering the data I wouldn't count anybody out until you get a letter in the mail... just my thoughts. Same thing happened to me last time PFD tested... and i ended up moving on to the PAT and Interview. Keep your heads up....

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X