Portland Fire & Rescue (Oregon) recruiting 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hiring freeze is officially over, apparently. Should be good news
    Last edited by DblBlack26; 09-04-2012, 08:40 PM.

Comment

• Is your information reliable?

Comment

• Hiring Freeze

No I'm just messing with everyone yeah it came from a pdx ff

Comment

• Originally posted by DblBlack26 View Post
          No I'm just messing with everyone yeah it came from a pdx ff
          Sweet! Did they mention if they have TAC staffed yet? Or plans to staff it in the near future?

Comment

• I noticed on their blog they just graduated another class out of truck 2 (possibly the very last class that was hired?) and have been making a lot of promotions. Good signs that there are hopefully going to be some openings

Comment

• Any good news out on the street?

Comment

• I was digging for anything I could find on the hiring situation and found this. Hopefully we don't have to wait till March for some kind of official word on where we stand.

http://www.wgme.com/news/top-stories...id_13635.shtml

Portland Hiring Consultant To Look Into Fire Department Budget

The city of Portland is beginning the process of hiring a consultant to conduct a full review of the city's fire department. This comes as concern is growing about the departments overtime spending, which reached over $2 million last year. It also follows two accidents involving the city fire boat.

In contrast, the Portland police department spent less than $1 million in OT last year. In the end, they hope is for the consultant to come back with a staffing plan, as well as figure out why the department is spending more than $2 million in overtime. Consultants have until October 16th to submit their proposals. A final report will be due back to the city by the end of March.

Comment

• Sorry, but you didn't find anything about Portland, OR here...

I just looked up wgme 13, the news channel who ran that story. They're located in Portland. Maine

It would be nice to hear something definitive from PF&R. There's still the ever present rumors floating around, some good some bad. I'm not holding my breath just yet though.

Comment

• Ummmm... Oooops. Thanks for fact-checking that. Sorry everyone!

Comment

• Originally posted by nwfire17 View Post
                      Sorry, but you didn't find anything about Portland, OR here...

I just looked up wgme 13, the news channel who ran that story. They're located in Portland. Maine

It would be nice to hear something definitive from PF&R. There's still the ever present rumors floating around, some good some bad. I'm not holding my breath just yet though.
                      I'm pretty sure I'd end up in the grave if I'd been holding my breath... Unfortunately last I heard was June of '13 before anything would start moving. Hope my info is wrong...

Comment

• Word is out, got an email with list numbers, saying they wil hire in the direct order othe list.

Comment

• Exciting to hear something finally...
                          Now hopefully they can tell us when an anticipated
                          academy will be in the works. Then sh*t will start to
                          get real!
                          Last edited by ctarkir; 09-06-2013, 07:45 PM.

Comment

• Obviously this time around is anyone's guess, but how many people do they hire from the list, typically?

Comment

• Has anyone heard anything about trainee list?

Comment

• Any rumors on how many they plan to hire and when?

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X