Portland Fire & Rescue (Oregon) recruiting 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Nozzleman25 View Post
    I don't have any idea what that is about. Can tell you that no one is starting anytime soon. TAC isn't even staffed right now. The late this year early next year projections are for whatever group is hired first, whether it is a Trainee group or FF/EMT group. Wouldn't be surprised to see a trainee group start late in the year to join up with a FF/EMT group in the early spring. But that is pure specualation on my part, nothing other than a guess.
    Thanks for the info. At least I can be fairly certain that when we hear something, it won't be to start immediately. A bummer, but good things come to those who wait I guess

Comment

• Ski,

I've got a friend who made the short list for the trainee group. I think he said there are 30 of them. My understanding is that when Portland hires a Trainee group, they will pull from these 30 for it. They were encouraged to maintain their EMT if they already have it, and if they don't Portland will be scheduling an EMT class for them sometime in the near future, it may have said late summer or early fall. They were not given any dates though...

I'm in the same boat as you, on the EMT list and still wondering about the results from the Chief's Interview. Yeah, we'll probably be waiting awhile longer before we hear, but I'm glad to know that something's going on with the list now. Maybe we can get excited when they staff the TAC again...

Nozzleman, thanks for the updates you keep giving us! Even if it is speculation or a rumor, its a more educated guess than we can come up with right now, and we appreciate it!

Comment

• Nozzle and NW,

Thanks for the updates. Although everything is speculation, it's at least something!

Comment

• Does anyone know how long this list lasts or when they are going to test again?

Comment

• Sizzle,
            I believe the list is good through December 2014. I could be wrong, but that's what seems to be stuck in my head for some reason.

Comment

• Any updates from anyone?

Comment

• MR5119,
                Nope. All I hear from the people I know up there is the same story. Nothing happening until early 2013 at the earliest and nobody knows why the trainees heard something about where they stand but the EMT/Medic group is still in the dark.

Comment

• I interviewed in January for EMT/medic and still haven't heard if I passed or where I may be on the list. Should I have heard by now if I passed? Should I have heard if I DIDN'T pass?
                  Thanks.

Comment

• jdf453,
                    I don't think anyone has heard anything other than rumors. They supposedly aren't hiring anyone until after the first of the year and if past academies are an indication, a group of trainees will be hired first and then some of us EMT/Medics will merge in after their two month initial academy.

Comment

• I don't know about the rest of you, but I feel a little cheated on how Portland has handled this entire process. They chose to make this a national campaign and look for the best applicants from across the country. We have flown out to Portland three, (some of us four), times to continue through the hiring process. I feel lucky to have made it through the interview, but that was back in January. Don't they at least owe us a ranking? I understand PFR is not hiring at this time, but they know where the applicants sit according to rank. If just to let us know, "your number 3 on the list when we hire." Or, "you are the last guy on the list". This would help us have an idea "IF" they do open up to hire, what are chances would be for packing up the family and moving out West. Am I asking for too much?

Comment

• The test befor this one they did the same thing. I was in that process and got a letter saying we went with someone else but you are still on the list. I emailed the recruiting person and he said that they dont give out ranks. So don't expect to get a rank from PFD. For me it was a long process as well. Didn't get picked up but a buddy of mine did and he was an alternate for the academy and then they ended up hiring him for the next one. I missed the interviews on this last test by 1% but good luck and God Speed in the process if it continues. Does anybody know if they are going to keep this list or will they re-test if this list reaches it's 2 years?

Comment

• I believe this list is good until December 31, 2014. I obviously could be wrong, but that sticks in my mind for some reason.

Comment

• I also remember them saying that if you were selected, they would give you three months advance notice of the hire date. So if you live across country, that would give you time to prepare.

Comment

• I think this hiring process is ridiculous. They should Atleast tell us where we sit on the list. It doesn't seem like it would hurt them at all to give out rankings.

Comment

• Patience, Brother/Sister.... patience.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X