No announcement yet.

Portland Fire & Rescue (Oregon) recruiting 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Mayors proposed budget is due out this week to be publicly posted I believe in a couple of weeks. I think that will give you a pretty good idea as to how bad it will be. DblBlack is right though, if they cut two million that's two stations according to their requested budget. The outlook is definitely grim right now, but as a buddy of mine who works up there says "they always manage to find millions lying around somewhere to pay for these things". Hopefully they find those millions again.

Comment

• The proposed budget it out and you can find it here:

Proposed Budget Documents

It looks like (and I'm no expert at reading a budget) he is proposing cutting 9 FTE's (none are line personnel) and will not be funding one of the rescues. The other rescue looks like it's getting a one time influx to fund it. Not sure how much this proposed budget will change by June, but at this point it looks a little more promising than before.

Comment

• any updates, rumors, word on the street, etc.. getting antsy. Anyone from the trainee side hear anything, I think someone mentioned some trainees would be receiving emails or phone calls in may?

Comment

• I'm a Trainee candidate. I am also waiting on the "end of may" email. Standing By-

Comment

• Things are still looking up as far as the budget goes;

Council closing in on budget

Comment

• Also, may 30th and 31st is when the budget will be initially approved it looks like, so maybe we will hear something within the next two weeks.

Comment

• I'm still not expecting to hear anything until July. The budget may be good news, but as the email stated a lot will depend on how many are retiring next month.

Comment

• Got an email today saying that trainee candidates on the short list will be notified before the end of the business day today. If anyone gets an email saying they are on the short list please post a comment!

Comment

• I got the first email jn1989 but unfortunately not the one telling me I'm on the "short list"

Comment

• Im sorry. Do you know if anyone has gotten an email that they are on the short list. I thought 'end of business day' would be 5 o'clock.

Comment

• Don't know anything about the list or why it isn't out yet. Can tell you all that right now that we are looking at possible hiring group sometime early 2013. That is the current rumor at least. With it taking almost a year to complete training they need to hire sometime around then to keep up with the retirements that are projected over the next year. So not a lot of info for all of you waiting to hear, I would hope that HR gets a list put together so everyone at elast knows where they are on it. Good luck
                        www.portlandfirefighters.org
                        Portland Fire Pictures/Dick Harris

http://www.finsnbeasts.com

Comment

• Nozzleman-

Is the budget situation looking pretty good? I know it was supposed to adopted last week but I haven't seen any info on that yet on the website.

Comment

• Originally posted by brogun View Post
                            Nozzleman-

Is the budget situation looking pretty good? I know it was supposed to adopted last week but I haven't seen any info on that yet on the website.
                            We did OK budget wise, didn't loose any positions. Sounds like we may loose the RRV rescues but those people just go back into the traveling pool. We lost some non sworn support personell. As far as I know the final budget has been adopted by the city.

Comment

• Nozzleman -

Do you know what this supposed short list that the trainees got is all about? Seems like if they're starting trainees they will either need a full academy late 2012 or make them wait until early 2013???

Comment

• Originally posted by skitahoe View Post
                                Nozzleman -

Do you know what this supposed short list that the trainees got is all about? Seems like if they're starting trainees they will either need a full academy late 2012 or make them wait until early 2013???
                                I don't have any idea what that is about. Can tell you that no one is starting anytime soon. TAC isn't even staffed right now. The late this year early next year projections are for whatever group is hired first, whether it is a Trainee group or FF/EMT group. Wouldn't be surprised to see a trainee group start late in the year to join up with a FF/EMT group in the early spring. But that is pure specualation on my part, nothing other than a guess.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse