Portland Fire & Rescue (Oregon) recruiting 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TruckOps84 View Post
    Mine did the same thing but I would be pretty amazed if I didn't pass that written. I hate to jinx myself but but I knew damn near everything on that test. I say hold tight, it can take a while to send out 2000 emails.
    Lol. You have an extremely valid point, TruckOps.

Comment

• I agree, I remember Seattles was the same way, a bunch of people got emails, a bunch didnt but it worked itself out after a few days

Comment

• augh! Still nothing...............

Can someone just confirm. Is the 75pct for Trainee's only? Is there a different cut off for Firefighter/EMT's???

Anyone!?

Comment

• Dude! It's killing me! Still nothing. Does anyone know anyone who received something saying they didn't pass? I'm also wondering if you get your score and ranking or just a pass and an invite to the PAT?

Comment

• Just got the email I took the emt test, got a 83, passing was a 84. Good luck to those moving on.

Comment

• I just found out the same! Does anyone know if they will handscore your test?

Comment

• I passed! I got an email saying 196 candidates were placed on an eligible list and that I'm ranked 21 *more than one candidate can be assigned per rank. It did not tell me my score or where I can find the list. No mention of hand grading.

Comment

• I got an 83 also!

Comment

• I also put in for Firefighter EMT-B/Paramedic. Unfortunately I did not pass either. Would have passed if I had applied for Firefighter Trainee though. Haha.. It is what it is. Hey ktool, am sorry to hear that you got laid off from your previous dept. Time to move on to the next one. Remember to keep your head up high and keep at it. I tell myself that all the time.
                    Last edited by nnfra200302; 08-19-2011, 03:59 PM.

Comment

• Best of luck to everyone on the PAT!
                      Last edited by simsride; 08-30-2011, 01:15 PM.

Comment

• bnilsson, there's at least two of us at that rank then. Looking forward to the next step!

Comment

• Can anyone who has been through the process explain the ranks for the FF EMT/P test? IE, if 7 people were in rank 8, then would the next rank be rank 9, or rank 14? Hope that makes sense. Also, does this rank factor into final hiring after interviews and PAT, or are candidates re ranked based soley on interview scores..

Thanks in advance for any help!

Comment

• Ranked number 32, looking forward to moving on. Good luck everyone

Comment

• I'm still alive! Ranked right in the middle, so we'll see! Does anyone know how the ranking is weighted with the interview and PAT?

Comment

• Originally posted by powerhourcoug View Post
                                Not true. I have a friend who just finished probation as a trainee. He had his EMT and was a resident volunteer for 1 year prior.
                                Even though your friend had education and/or experience and an EMT-B or higher certification, did he or she have to go through the entire EMT-B course again for applying for Firefighter Trainee?

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X