Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

City of Sandusky Ohio (Testing and Hiring)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• City of Sandusky Ohio (Testing and Hiring)

The City of Sandusky Ohio Fire Department is Testing in May and plans to hire 6 by June or so...

FIREFIGHTER EXAMINATION DATE: MAY 7, 2011
    FILING DEADLINE: APRIL 18, 2011

Applications and more information are available at the Human Resources Division, Second Floor, City Building, 222 Meigs Street, Sandusky, Ohio 44870

Call 419-627-5885

*Updated 04/03/11
    Last edited by MEDIC0372; 04-03-2011, 09:30 AM.

I see they have ambo's do you know how they place new people? Do you have to be on the ambo for a certain amount of time or do you share time on the ambo and truck?

Comment

Originally posted by jtucker1384 View Post
      I see they have ambo's do you know how they place new people? Do you have to be on the ambo for a certain amount of time or do you share time on the ambo and truck?
      what's it matter if you're on an ambulance or a truck or an engine? A job is a job.

Anyways...I'd guess for a smaller town department that it would be sharing time but who knows.

Any word on if you need to be a medic to apply and if you get extra credit for 240 card, medic?
      Firefighter, EMT-P, CICP, EMSI, HazMat Tech

Comment

Anybody worried about being on an ambulance when they first get hired shouldn't be testing, probies should be on an ambulance for the first two years, i think. Ambulances run more calls so you'll get to know your district better, you have more reports to do so you'll be an ace at reporting after a while, and why should somebody who's put there time in wake up at 3AM to go to some medical call?????

Comment

I thought Sandusky tested last fall?? or was that upper sandusky? Anyways I couldn't find anything about the test on there site or online. They'll probably announce it soon. Anyone call that number?

Comment

Originally posted by OHFirestopper View Post
            Anybody worried about being on an ambulance when they first get hired shouldn't be testing, probies should be on an ambulance for the first two years, i think. Ambulances run more calls so you'll get to know your district better, you have more reports to do so you'll be an ace at reporting after a while, and why should somebody who's put there time in wake up at 3AM to go to some medical call?????
            Also...if you go through your education and all, why would you just want to ride the truck and not do anything.

One thing that really irritates me is people who want the easy way in. I've worked my a s s off to try and get a full time gig. I will do anything it takes to get there whether it takes riding the squad for 5 years or scrubbing all the trucks in the house every week for a year to get that job. Put me on the squad...hell I get to run the trips then and get better and show my skills.

so...yes I second OHfirestopper...don't test, I'll take the job on the squad and get my full time job on the FD

Comment

I've called about 4 times and keep getting the ladies voice mail. Going to keep calling to see if I can get the 411!

Comment

here is the deal fellas. no official date yet...it's in the works. they are waiting for confirmation by the school on whether or not they can give the test there. seems like it could be a few weeks before they let the cat out of the bag

Comment

Originally posted by ffmedicmatt View Post
                  Also...if you go through your education and all, why would you just want to ride the truck and not do anything.

One thing that really irritates me is people who want the easy way in. I've worked my a s s off to try and get a full time gig. I will do anything it takes to get there whether it takes riding the squad for 5 years or scrubbing all the trucks in the house every week for a year to get that job. Put me on the squad...hell I get to run the trips then and get better and show my skills.

so...yes I second OHfirestopper...don't test, I'll take the job on the squad and get my full time job on the FD
                  Not sure if your talking bout me but you know nothing about me. I am already a full time firefighter so I can be as picky as I want when it come to where I decide to test and work and I never want an easy way in or hand out I worked my a** off to get where I am. I was just asking a simple question.

Comment

Originally posted by jtucker1384 View Post
                    Not sure if your talking bout me but you know nothing about me. I am already a full time firefighter so I can be as picky as I want when it come to where I decide to test and work and I never want an easy way in or hand out I worked my a** off to get where I am. I was just asking a simple question.
                    maybe should have explained that part then. If you're a full time firefighter why look for another job...you have one. So if you "worked your a ** off to get" then why look elsewhere?

Comment

Originally posted by ffmedicmatt View Post
                      maybe should have explained that part then. If you're a full time firefighter why look for another job...you have one. So if you "worked your a ** off to get" then why look elsewhere?
                      Just cause I have a job doesn't mean I never want to better myself or want to work for a better department with more opportunity for advancement and furthering my career. I apologize I wasn't as clear as I should have been as to why I was asking the question.

Comment

There is a test coming very soon. Possibly in April. It is possible that they have not announced it yet but is is coming soon.

The plan is to hire about 5 to 6 off this list by June, 2011.

The City FD received and grant to hire these people...The grant will pay for them for two yrs.

Comment

Senate Bill 5

If some of you have not noticed Ohio's current state senate has introduced a bill that will effectively end collective bargaining as we know it in OH. This bill will result in less pay, benefits and rights that many of us have fought hard for. We need everyone's help. This is a very serious concern for current and Future OH Firefighters. Please take the time to find out who your local state senator and state representative are and send them a letter (e-mail) and a phone call to their state office telling them you oppose this bill. Please be professional. Insults and name calling will not help our cause. For more info please go to www.oapff.com.

Comment

The test is scheduled for the begining of May (possibly May 7th).
                            Call 419-627-5885 to get you name on the list.

NOTE: The test still has not yet been posted...it will be posted very soon but you can call now to have your name put on the list.

Comment

Hello all,
                              Fire capt I was wondering where I can find study information. I just got out of the navy, while I was active I attended advanced firefighter school and was the damage control officer for my ship. Would I beable to get the extra points for this? Any other helpful info would be appreciateThank you

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X