Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• egrus21
    replied
    I think it's one of those "we reserve the right to poly you" but I haven't heard of anyone that has been poly'd by them.

Leave a comment:

• Boxman
    replied
    From what I've heard, there is no poly.

Leave a comment:

• kingfisch
    replied
    just a background and medical huh, no poly?

Leave a comment:

• kingfisch
    replied
    O , I did my oral this last round and am very excited to move on . nice going egrus on the academy.

Leave a comment:

• egrus21
    replied
    I don't remember exactly. Maybe a 96? I was Band 1 though (not V).

Leave a comment:

• kingfisch
    replied
    what did you get on your oral in order to move on egrus?

Leave a comment:

• egrus21
    replied
    Thanks box and I hear ya... It's a long haul with them. It has been just under 3 years since I submitted my application with them originally. Super stoked to almost be there learning.

Hang tuff and be ready. The waiting was the worse part and there is lots of it.

Good luck!
    Last edited by egrus21; 05-13-2011, 05:24 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Boxman
    replied
    *egrus, sorry just noticed the typo.

"There are a ton of people that are at the written or further in the process that are not part of 135." <----- that right there is what I'm afraid of. Since I've heard that being assigned to a band is only good for a year, my fear is that there are too many people on band 1/V. Which means that some people might end up dead on the list. It's too early to tell and I get that all of us that just passed the oral should be patient......but in these economic times.....any minute funding can get snatched and it would be a huuuge punt in the junk to be hung out to dry after making it to band 1/V. And once again to clarify, I totally get that County doesn't owe me or anyone else squat.

Well, we'll see what happens. It'd be nice if the unofficial forum would get back online. I didn't get much use out of it before it was taken down. Thanks again.

Congrats on family day coming up.....thats gotta be one heck of a feeling.

Leave a comment:

• egrus21
    replied
    Sorry, nothing here. There were a couple of guys on the unofficial county forum that worked for the department that used to help us A LOT with information. I just reshare here. Now that the forum is down I really haven't heard much about any other academies beyond 135. Sure does seem like they are planning more though. There are a ton of people that are at the written or further in the process that are not part of 135.

Leave a comment:

• Boxman
    replied
    Hey ergus....any word on future towers? 136.....137 etc.? I know people on the new list shouldn't expect invites to backgrounds for awhile.....but anxious to find out if some people are going to end up dying on the list.

Anybody have anything else to add?

Leave a comment:

• egrus21
    replied
    I don't think anyone knows this yet. According to a guy in training on another forum this is a topic that is in review by the new Cheif.

Leave a comment:

• sierra83
    replied
    I know that Academy 135 starts in August. Anyone have an idea of when 136 starts? Thank you and good luck to all the guys and gals starting 135.

Leave a comment:

• NorCal Fire
    replied
    Made it into Band 1!! Excited to move on in the process. Anyone have any clue how many interviewed and how many were placed in Band 1/V?

Leave a comment:

• FirstDue52
    replied
    Didn't make the cut. Good luck to everyone moving on. Your going to work for a badass department.

Leave a comment:

• APhillipsLA
    replied
    Originally posted by egrus21 View Post
    Also, anyone reading this from OC already in 135 that wants to train. PM me.
    Yo...not in 135 but I'd be willing to train. I live in Anaheim, work out at the LA Fitness near the block. Just getting back into the swing of things after spraining my ankle in Feb.

Leave a comment:

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X