No announcement yet.

LA County FD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody hear anything about when the interview results would be out? Maybe I was the only one, but my whole interview process....from getting signed in, to the panel itself felt rushed. Maybe I should have worn a striped suit (I have never seen so many pin stripe suits in my life). For a minute I thought I might have shown up to the interview for low level mob enforcer. Anyway, I don't remember the lady from HR telling me when to expect the results, so any input or feedback would be much appreciated. Hope all you guys/gals did well.

Comment

HR lady told me after my interview that I would know by the end of the month.

Comment

Did you feel that you had prepared when you received a 92.5?

Comment

Hiring process time?

I am a FF/PM from Florida and about to apply with LA County. Does anyone know roughly how long it takes to be hired once you are chosen and pass all stages of the hiring process?

Comment

Here's my timeline. Hope it helps.

11/08 - Application
            10/09 - Written Exam
            12/09 - Panel Interview
            04/10 - 08/10 Backgrounds
            12/10 - Conditional Offer of Employment
            01/11 - Medical Exam
            02/11 - Medical Clearance
            04/11 - Academy PT orientation
            ??/11 - Family day
            08/11 - Planned academy start date

Comment

Height/Weight

Are they serious about their weight requirement? They say at 5'10" I should be like 170 lbs. I'm 220 and not fat. Do they have a body fat option for people that lift weights or are they all really skinny? Thanks

Comment

It's just a guideline... if you fall into that range then they won't test your bf %, etc. during your medical. If you don't they will.

Dude 5'10" and 220... they might not make a uniform big enough for you!

Comment

Some people are saying that letters might be going out already. Take it for what it's worth, it'll probably end up being false info and the letters will come at the end of the month....but it would definitely be nice if the rumor was true.

Comment

letters out?

Comment

there is someone on another forum reporting they received a band 1 letter today

Comment

Also, anyone reading this from OC already in 135 that wants to train. PM me.

Comment

Hey EB1980 I dont mean to be anal but is it an absolute fact that they only pick from band 1 and v band only. Can you state where you got this information?

Comment

That is a fact. Only band 1/v are asked to move forward in the process.

Comment

Originally posted by over and underneath View Post
                              Hey EB1980 I dont mean to be anal but is it an absolute fact that they only pick from band 1 and v band only. Can you state where you got this information?
                              Fire Capt in the dept.

Comment

Originally posted by egrus21 View Post
                                Also, anyone reading this from OC already in 135 that wants to train. PM me.
                                Yo...not in 135 but I'd be willing to train. I live in Anaheim, work out at the LA Fitness near the block. Just getting back into the swing of things after spraining my ankle in Feb.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X