LA County FD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LA County FD

Starting a new thread for the current LA County hiring process. The other thread seemed outdated with information from 2005. Does anyone know how many they are picking up and how many candidates are placed in each of their bands after the oral interviews?

I believe people who score above 92% are put into A band. I also believe there is a V band which is for veterans who score over 100% due to veterans preferance. As far as how many people are placed into each.......I have no idea.

Comment

Does the interview board actually give points because of certain words said or from the actual answer? I have been told both but would like to get some information from someone who knows. Thank You

Comment

I have no idea. I have heard it both ways but I have heard so much about this interview it is a chore to just sort through all of it. What is your interview date?

Comment

94.5 is band 1, i scored 92.5 on my interview and i was placed into band 2.

there is a forum for la county fire that has a lot of info on the hiring process, i can apply again after may to try again, hopefully i get selected again to take the exam

Comment

I appreciate it. Early April.

Comment

http://www.lacountyfire.com/

Comment

LA County Fire Department is running an ongoing recruitment. You must be selected in a "lottery" to be invited to take the written examination. Once you pass the written you will be invited to the oral interview. Many of the questions asked by LA County are covered in my book, Smoke Your Firefighter Interview. Having said that, there are also several unconventional type of questions. No trick questions, simply straightforward ones.

LA County FD is a great department and offers an incredible opportunity for those who pass the interview. It's pretty simple, you do well on the interview and your life changes forever. You don't do well you are back on the testing circuit. Do not squander the opportunity!
                Paul Lepore
                Division Chief
                Aspiringfirefighters.com
                AspiringFireOfficers.com

Comment

Chief,

Your book has been of great help to me as I prepare for my upcoming interview. It was recommended by a recent LA County hiree.

Comment

I have read the "smoke your firefighter interview" book and gained alot of confidence. Even talking to several local departments they didn't explain in depth the answers and reasoning behind the answers.

Comment

Key Words

If you’ve ever heard a candidates try to pull off trying to target specific key words and traits it sounds like a dog and pony show because in trying to ring the bells with starts, stops and sputters they lose site of who they really are. They end up not like you, not the candidate you want to be.

They would make a better presentation with their education, experience and personal life experiences and in the process get the boxes checked off, building up hundreds of points in several areas, getting a higher score, in a smooth and natural way. It separates them from the other struggling candidates in their attempt to master the rating sheet.

More oral board tips here: http://www.firehouse.com/forums/showthread.php?t=117336

"Nothing counts 'til you have the badge . . . Nothing!"

More Tips on getting hired and promoted by Firehouse Contributing Author Fire “Captain Bob” Articles here:
                      http://www.firehouse.com/contact/10544410/bob-smith

Fire "Captain Bob"

www.eatstress.com

Comment

I check the LACFD website regularly and they have the position listed. When I got to the County HR site to apply the position is NOT listed.

Comment

Originally posted by EB1980 View Post
                          94.5 is band 1, i scored 92.5 on my interview and i was placed into band 2.
                          Hey EB, even though you placed in band 2, were you still chosen to move forward in the process? I was a bit shocked that 92.5 was band 2, I guess I was hoping anything at 92.5 or above would be band 1. Although I should have known it wouldn't be that easy....what did I think I signed up for PD? hah

Anyway, thanks for your input.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxman View Post
                            Hey EB, even though you placed in band 2, were you still chosen to move forward in the process? I was a bit shocked that 92.5 was band 2, I guess I was hoping anything at 92.5 or above would be band 1. Although I should have known it wouldn't be that easy....what did I think I signed up for PD? hah

Anyway, thanks for your input.
                            LACoFD only picks from V-Band and Band-1, so if you're like me and wind up in band-2 you're SOL

Comment

Originally posted by Courtguy View Post
                              I check the LACFD website regularly and they have the position listed. When I got to the County HR site to apply the position is NOT listed.
                              https://easier.co.la.ca.us/easier/Ap...n.cfm?exid=359

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X