Allentown Fire Dept 2011 Test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allentown Fire Dept 2011 Test

The Allentown Fire Civil Service Board will be accepting applications for the position of Firefighter to establish a 2011 eligibility list. 18 or older to apply, citizen of the U.S., valid driver's license, high school diploma or equivalent required. Non-refundable fee of $60.00 required. when returning completed application (money order or cert. check only, no personal checks or cash). Applications can be obtained between February 14, 2011 through March 15, 2011, on our website at www.allentownpa.gov, or at the Human Resources Dept., City Hall, Room 233, 435 Hamilton St., Allentown 18101, Mon.-Fri.8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m.

Written examination will be held on Saturday, April 9, 2011. In order to be considered for the eligibility list, attendance at the written examination is required.
    EOE.

Starting salary is $43,000+
    Great Benefits
    Work Schedule is 4 days, 4 off, 4 nights, 4 off
    12 days vacation after 1st year

6 Stations, 7 Engines, 2 trucks

List is good for 2 years.
    A Fire Chief has ONLY 1 JOB and that's to take care of his fireman. EVERYTHING else falls under this.

wow. $60 bones for a test is steep...but if it's towards a job...hmmm
    Firefighter, EMT-P, CICP, EMSI, HazMat Tech

Comment

any word on if there going to hire or they just trying to set up a list ??? ill definitely be taking the test
      To the men who were there that day, my utmost respect.
      To those that will be there the next time, Ill be there by your side

Comment

There will definitely be hires off of this list. There is the potential for as many as 40
        A Fire Chief has ONLY 1 JOB and that's to take care of his fireman. EVERYTHING else falls under this.

Comment

Seems like a good department, and as JT said there should be a lot of hires in the next few years. Good luck to all that apply.

Comment

Last list

How many did they hire off the last list? I have an odd feeling i was skipped over. Anyone on here hired from last list?

Comment

Originally posted by JTFIRE80 View Post
              There will definitely be hires off of this list. There is the potential for as many as 40
              Jt didn't you get hired last list?? If my memory serves me correct you were close or high on the list. How do you know there should be that many hired???

Comment

As anyone been through the process before? How long is the timeline from written to CPAT and so on? Well typically, I know each time is different.......

Comment

Originally posted by JFD21 View Post
                  As anyone been through the process before? How long is the timeline from written to CPAT and so on? Well typically, I know each time is different.......
                  List has to be certified by the end of April, and academy starts early July, so sometime between then. Check out Youtube for 2 AFD videos of the Agility Test.

Comment

Thanks, How does Veteran's Preference work? I know the score gets added on top but how many points will I recieve? Is there different catoagories or just you served on Active Duty so you get points?

Comment

JT--- so are you on the Allentown dept??

Comment

JfD, all I will say about the veterans preference is that they are very generous to veterans.

Candidate, I've been on about a year, and couldn't be happier!!

Comment

Hey JT..Do you think that being a "disabled vet" would be an issue? I put it in quotations because I'm considered that by the VA, I wasn't medically retired or anything.

Is there a oral board? or is it strictly written, physical and they base your list # off that?

Are people with certifications considered before others?

Comment

1 more question..I took a civil service test before so I'm sort of familiar with the type of material..however, would it be worth it to get 1 of those test preps from like a borders?

Comment

Does Allentown see a good bit of fire?

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...