No announcement yet.

City of Las Vegas Fire & Rescue Hiring.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• City of Las Vegas Fire & Rescue Hiring.

Hey Guys,

I was just told that our new Chief is going to a justification committee in the next week for 18 new hire positions. It seems likely that he'll be able to get them on, but I won't have any other details until its approved and the powers that be figure out where to go with bringing new hires on. Specifically, I don't know if they're going to continue with the process they'd already started or not for those of you who'd begun.

I'll keep you updated as more comes out.

PaulC
    PaulC
    FF/EMTP
    City of Las Vegas Fire & Rescue
    gethiredbyfire.com & The Fire Jobs App

That's great! Thanks Paul.

I tested with LVF&R in January of 2010, and scored a 95. I have been told that since I tested, but did not have an opportunity to continue through the hiring process due to the process being postponed, I would be 'automatically' included once the hiring process resumes. Has anyone heard of that? As far as costs go, it would make sense to pick up where they left off, instead of starting from square one again.

Thanks again for the information.

Comment

I'm in the exact same boat as you are, in group A and waiting to hear more. Although its been a year since the test I do think that they will resume where they left off from the last testing process and not go through with another one.

Comment

Thats great news! I also tested in January 2010 and scored a 94. The eligible list was certified on June 2nd, 2010 according to the the civil service meeting that was held on June 2nd, 2010. It makes absolutely no sense to start the hiring process all over again when the city is already in financial difficulty. The list is normally good for two years, which would take it to June 2012, give or take. Thanks for keeping us updated PaulC.

Comment

Confirmed it on Friday from the Chief directly. He's going for approval on 18 new hires. North Las Vegas is getting ready to lose some guys...Total bummer, but we're ready to grow some again. Let's hope there is more to come!

PaulC.
          PaulC
          FF/EMTP

Comment

This is great news! I scored a 94 on the written last January and hopefully look forward to continuing on in the process. Thank you for the update Paul!

Crossing my fingers for the firefighters of NLVFD! Anything that can be done to keep those guys on.

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised if North-Town does lose some if city would just open a lateral transfer hiring and do a shortened academy to pick up those guys.
              Last edited by sprtan; 02-14-2011, 12:25 PM.

Comment

Any word on when or how many north LV FD may lose? I'm assuming LVFR will pick those guys up?

Comment

Originally posted by AW87 View Post
                  Any word on when or how many north LV FD may lose? I'm assuming LVFR will pick those guys up?
                  I seriously doubt it. Someone correct me if am wrong, but I believe those guys would have had to have gone through the hiring process like everyone else that started back in January 2010. Thats unfortunate that those guys may lose their jobs, but unless LVF&R does a lateral recruitment, thats just the way the chips fall.

Comment

Hi Guys,

Actually, I believe the Chief would very much like to absorb the guys from NLVFD if they get laid off, but there are laws that govern the hiring process that may (or may not) preclude him from doing just that. I'll post whatever comes out going forward.

Best,

Paul
                    PaulC
                    FF/EMTP

Comment

I don't mean to steal this thread but Henderson Fire Department just opened up their apps today for FF and are only accepting 500!

Comment

Originally posted by AW87 View Post
                        last I heard, NLVFD was going to lose 30-35...

Comment

Redx-

No worries! Henderson is an awesome department! Guys, if you've got the chance, APPLY NOW! You'd do very well to get on Henderson Fire.

Paul
                          PaulC
                          FF/EMTP

Comment

Paul, I have a question for ya about (1) of your Guys..... Check your P.Ms.
                            Last edited by mikeyboy; 02-17-2011, 11:39 PM.
                            "Be LOUD, Be PROUD..... It just might save your can someday when goin' through an intersection!!!!!"

Life on the Truck (Quint) is good.....

Eat til you're sleepy..... Sleep til you're hungry..... And repeat.....

Comment

Don't know what this means for those of us that are currently in the process but the "postponed CPAT" notice that was posted on the city website a few weeks after the written in 2009 was just removed. Hopefully CPAT notices will be going out soon.
                              Last edited by NV-Fire775; 03-02-2011, 05:25 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X