indiana perf pre employeement exam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• indiana perf pre employeement exam

Passed all my agility, written, interview, credit check, driver records check, criminal history check. All those went smoothly so the department scheduled a medical physical nd psychological test for me. I went to my primary care physician a week primary to my test for an ear ache (inner ear infection). When he took my blood pressure it was 112/78. Perfect blood pressure.
    Well when I went for my physical my blood pressure was 140/100. The limit for Indiana perf is 140/90. I was told to followup with my PCP and have him send in the results for them to look over.
    My PCP took it and it was still high. He associated it with my cold and sinus infection since in the past five years it has never been high ones. So we talked it over and he said he send in my test results from the week prior to the testing agency and he keep doing followups on the side to make sure it doesn't stay high.
    After that small background my question is, is having a high blood pressure reading going to disqualify from the job under Indiana perf?

The same thing happened to me in Memphis in 2001. Mine was 140/92. I had BP readings for the past 12 months and information from my doctor and the JERK doctor shook his scope in my face and said if he didn't hear it with this then he wasn't going to pass me. That guy is no longer the doctor for MFD, but it kept me from my job! I hope it works out for you. Common sense should rule and they should take the information from your personal physisican since they are the one's that have been treating you for years. Good Luck!

Comment

Well my doc sent in the paperwork with the good blood pressure on it. The testing facility said its all up to their doc to decide if he will us it or not. She said she would call me back if he put "unfit for duty" on the form. So my career is all in the mercy of the doctor.

Comment

Hey tucker, i sent you a PM. Let me know if you didn't get it.

Thanks!

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
        Working...
        X