Fort Collins, CO. Still accepting applicants through Friday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fort Collins, CO. Still accepting applicants through Friday

Poudre Fire Authority in Fort Collins, CO. is still accepting applications through 5:00 PM Friday, February 4th, 2011. Please review our website at www.poudre-fire.org to see if you qualify. This is medium sized paid department (with our newest hiring we will have ~180 uniformed members. We run over 14,000 calls a year and are growing at a rate of 2-4 percent every year. Entry level pay is $45,000+

Poudre1183,
    Any idea on how many they are looking to hire? I see you said trying to get to ~180, I think PFA has just under 170, so my guess is about 10 new hires.

All my stuff is in, super excited about this prospect!

Comment

Poudre1183,
      Will you require all of my college transcripts by Feb4th? I am having difficulty getting one of the transcripts in time due to the university being closed because of weather. I transferred universities during my college career. Will an official transcript (83hrs earned) from the university where I received my degree suffice? I have that one in my possession right now.
      Thanks!

Comment

J.W,
        I saw on the PFA website that all material must be in by Feb 4th. I spoke with Bev (the person that we are supposed to send our transcripts to and she was really good about answering my questions).

Comment

j.w.fire- PFA only requires that you have completed 60 college hours with a 2.0 GPA or greater. So if you have an OFFICIAL transcript for 83 hours and it's 2.0 or greater cummulative GPA then absolutely send that in. Depending on where you live you will want to drop some money and send it like next day air and certified so you know it was delivered by 5:00 PM Friday the 4th.

Comment

Last edited by ColoradoDave; 02-13-2013, 12:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ColoradoDave View Post
              Any news on what's going on?

Thanks,

Coloradodave
              I was just about to ask the same thing. I have yet to get an email regarding PVF, there are still a few hours until the end of the day so I'll hold on calling HR until the morning. Just really excited to get moving on this process!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by ColoradoDave View Post
                  I just got a email....
                  Same here 1130, only three weeks to get that book memorized!

Comment

Comment

1130 for me too... good luck!

Comment

How'd everybody do? What do you think the cutoff will be. I think I probably got a 90%.

Comment

I think I did pretty good. I know I missed about 4 on the "book" section, the last portion was easy.

Comment

I am a terrible judge of how I actually performed, I always think I have the right answer! Only time will tell but my guess is that you probably can't really miss more then 8-10 to move on...

Let's hope we find out soon, I hate the waiting game...

Comment

I just got an email - I passed the test and will be invited for an interview the week of April 4th!

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X