Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there such a thing as an 18 month fire academy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there such a thing as an 18 month fire academy?

Anyone ever hear of an 18 month academy, trying to kill what might be an urban legend here, i'm not talking about probationary period, talking about actual monday thru friday training, 9am to 5pm for brand new fire fighters.

Originally posted by joeman2003 View Post
    Anyone ever hear of an 18 month academy, trying to kill what might be an urban legend here, i'm not talking about probationary period, talking about actual monday thru friday training, 9am to 5pm for brand new fire fighters.
    Our fire academy is 22 weeks, I believe. You're trained to FF2. I don't know how 18 months would be necessary, let alone if any dept would want to have someone on the payroll for that long, along with instructor salaries and resources, and not have them function as minimal staffing.
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those willing to work and give to those who are not." Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by joeman2003 View Post
      Edit: the OP meant 18 months. No typo indeed, as my esteemed colleague just brought to my attention
      Last edited by qwerty11; 02-01-2011, 02:31 PM.

Comment

possibly if they have to go through fire and ems

forgot how long dallas program is
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZdEH...e_gdata_player

Comment

Originally posted by fire49 View Post

Dallas is 14 months - 6 month fire academy and 8 month paramedic training (EMT, A&P, and Paramedic School including classroom, hospital internship, and field intership).

The fire academy is Monday - Friday. EMS Training is Monday - Friday too (except for ride outs and hospital time - those occur at anytime 7 days a week).

After all that, you get assigned to a fire station and begin probation.
          DFW

"There's no such thing as a free lunch."

Comment

Originally posted by fire49 View Post

Not possible, DEFINITE.

As I just mentioned, the 18 week academy for the aformentioned dept. has no EMS (CFR-D training is required, but not included in the academy).

18 week academies are not unusual, or some "possibility" that exists out there.

Comment

Originally posted by qwerty11 View Post
              Not possible, DEFINITE.

As I just mentioned, the 18 week academy for the aformentioned dept. has no EMS (CFR-D training is required, but not included in the academy).

Check the original post. He's asking about 18 *month*.
              Nothing is as unimpressive as someone who is unwilling to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by qwerty11 View Post
                Not possible, DEFINITE.

OP asked about 18 MONTH academy.

As stated before, the only way I can imagine an 18 month academy is if paramedic was included.

Comment

[QUOTE=Eng34FF;1244576]OP asked about 18 MONTH academy.

18 months? holy crappola, medic and/or something else must be included!
                  Last edited by tny1771; 02-01-2011, 02:28 PM.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X