Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone hear from Arlington COunty, VA

Hey,

I took the written Arlington County exam three weeks ago and am waiting to hear back. Have you any of you guys gotten anything yet?

Originally posted by frbarton View Post
    Hey,

I took the written Arlington County exam three weeks ago and am waiting to hear back. Have you any of you guys gotten anything yet?
    Nope not a peep!

Comment

The test was 2 weeks ago, they said it would take 3 to grade

Comment

Yeah, they said 2-3 weeks, which means 3+ really. But, we're close to that so it shouldn't be much longer.

I'm assuming they send out an e-mail in reference to the grades, or is there some where else you have to look?

Comment

I don't know if they're sending out letters, emails, or both.

Comment

I also have heard that they are only hiring 17 people and they're looking only for medics. Anyone else hear this?

Comment

Interesting... considering the position that was advertised was Firefighter/EMT Trainee I'm pretty sure.

Comment

Originally posted by frbarton View Post
                I also have heard that they are only hiring 17 people and they're looking only for medics. Anyone else hear this?
                I recently left the ACFD, and they do not hire only medics. They have a process that after Recruit School you are on probation for one year with two tests to pass. After that, they may ask/require you to go depending on the departments need. You will sign a contract that you will eventually get your ALS certs. You maybe confusing the rumor with Alexandria Fire that does have a separate system for EMS that will hire medics only.

Comment

I hope you guys are right. I'm just reciting what someone else applying told me.

I did hear from Arlington today and was invited to take the CPAT. Anyone else get letters?

I'm actually a bit annoyed it took so long since it means that I've already missed the first 4 practice sessions though.
                  http://www.arlingtonva.us/department.../file79195.pdf
                  Last edited by frbarton; 01-29-2011, 08:55 PM.

Comment

Nope! Nothing

Comment

How did you hear from them? Phone call, e-mail, letter?

Comment

I got a letter.

Comment

I received my letter saying I passed also. Does anyone know how many are moving on to CPAT?

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X