What to wear???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to wear???

I am Meeting with a Cal-Fire Captain and to me this seems like a causal meeting but i am having second thoughts. A chief wanted him to meet with me so he called me and we set up a time to chat and look over my resume. I have know clue what I should wear, suit clothes like I am politicking or academy uniform or just nice looking clothes???

HELP

Thank You,

OLI

Be your best bet to at least wear a collared shirt and tie and pressed slacks, dress shoes. Regardless of how "informal" it sounds, you never know. I personally know of someone who thought that they were just going in for and informal visit and it actually turned out to be an interview. The company was looking to see if he was really interested in the job. Always act as if everything is a potential interview and you can never go wrong!

Good luck

LFC

Comment

Thank you very Much!!!

Comment

Originally posted by LittleFireChick View Post
        Be your best bet to at least wear a collared shirt and tie and pressed slacks, dress shoes. Regardless of how "informal" it sounds, you never know. I personally know of someone who thought that they were just going in for and informal visit and it actually turned out to be an interview. The company was looking to see if he was really interested in the job. Always act as if everything is a potential interview and you can never go wrong!

Good luck

LFC
        I second this
        Firefighter, EMT-P, CICP, EMSI, HazMat Tech

Comment

Yes wear a suit and look your best regardless of what impression you got as to what type of meeting it is. Secondly, are you applying for a seasonal firefighting spot? If so I don't mean to be a downer but have you looked at what Gov. Jerry Brown is proposing for the budget of Cal Fire this year? He is trying to cut staffing from 4-0 to 3-0, essentially meaning that no one is going to get hired and each unit is going to have to let go a large amount of FF 1's that were already working last season.

Comment

Originally posted by LittleFireChick View Post

Good luck

LFC
            If at all possible, you wear a suit.
            "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Comment

If at all possible, wear a chicken suit, and "squawk" when introducing yourself.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
              Working...
              X