Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Background question- it's not what you think...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Background question- it's not what you think...

Did a quick search but didn't see this topic come up...

For those of you that have had a hand in hiring at your dept, are backgrounds scrutinized on their own or are they looked at as a whole with other backgrounds of applicants at the same stage?

For instance, if all candidates are squeeky clean, do minor blips in a background become more substancial and are scrutinized more than they normally would be because other backgrounds are equally good, or are they all graded against a standard benchmark reguardless of other applicants?

I don't know if i'm explainining my question very clearly so let me know if I'm not and I can try again.

Thanks for any insight.

Stay safe!
    Nothing is as unimpressive as someone who is unwilling to learn.

While every department is different, I have never heard of one looking for littler things in the background/Psych to eliminate candidates. They have things that will eliminate you and don't go beyond those.

Right now my department is looking to hire 22. They sent 30 to background so if any don’t make it, we have the numbers. If all make it they will go by their ranking on the list.

In our last hiring we wanted to hire a similar amount. We had very few pass the national registry test and sent half of the people from band “A” to back ground, only a few passed. We then sent the rest. We then had to test band “B” and sent all of them through background. We were only able to hire 9. Out of 183 that tested, 27 passed the national registry, 18 failed background.

Generally if you are given a background and aren’t selected, but passed you will remain on the list and not need another background unless a specific period of time has passed, 6 months or a year.
    Good Luck, Capt Rob
    www.myfireinterview.com

Comment

Originally posted by FFighterRob View Post
      While every department is different, I have never heard of one looking for littler things in the background/Psych to eliminate candidates. They have things that will eliminate you and don't go beyond those.
      Thanks for the input. After reading how your dept does it I was thinking that a dept could get themselves into trouble if they didn't go by some sort of standard to begin with.

Any other input out there?

Comment

As long as they do not discriminate they should not get into trouble

If we see something that we feel should be passed on, then it will show up as a note in your background check

We see some strange things sometimes so we note and pass it on

May cause problems may not
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZdEH...e_gdata_player

Comment

That makes sense too. Thanks for the input.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
          Working...
          X