Colorado Springs Test Scores Posted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RoughCut View Post
    I was thinking the same thing. Also in Band B. What did you guys score on the video portion? Anybody from AZ?
    I, sir, am from the AZ. Not living there currently though.

As for the Military.. I am prior Military and am in Band B. The 5 points did help though.

so if they are hiring 22, and there are only 88 in band A and band B, it's going to be interesting to see how many they interview.

Comment

Not sure if CSFD HR has sent emails out to everyone who took the FireTEAM test, but I have not received one as of yet. Might wait until 1/21, then email HR to see how I did.

Comment

I wonder how many people actually tested though. Rough math based on the bands released puts the number at 777. I wonder if that is just the folks that made it in the bands, or if there are more that didn't make it that high enough to rank.

I think i remember hearing there was more that 1000 testing.

Comment

I don't know. I am confident I did well enough on the test to make at least the C band, but will be patient and try to wait until Friday. Not trying to be cocky, but I did the online practice tests, have taken civil service tests before, etc., and done pretty well. So, we'll see. If my curiosity gets the best of me, I'll just pester Cassie Beckey again. Thanks for the info, guys, I've had to fight every step of the way to get info on the hiring process with CSFD.

I think some people might have left the test and never came back after the HR portion. I tested at 8 a.m. on 1/7. I remember some of the proctors picking up tests left abandoned on the tables during the first break.
          Last edited by KelleeR; 01-20-2011, 01:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ntrcptr90 View Post
            My wife just logged back in as well as myself and now it's gone literally 30 min later, hmm.

Fogedaboudit - Welcome to "Little Chicago" (aka Colorado Springs) where math impairment in our local government is "just bidness"
            Last edited by wm25burke; 01-20-2011, 02:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by peterbound View Post
              Congratulations.

It's interesting that they posted a score of 89.98 online, erased it - and then reported a score that magically dropped by 2.74 points.

If we consider the list of traits that are reported by the test:

* Abrasive
              * Passive
              * Authoritarian
              * Inconsiderate
              * Self-Focused
              * Work Avoidant
              * Problems with Management
              * Adds Tension to the Team
              * Low Tolerance for Others
              * Mechanical Reasoning
              * Systems Analysis
              * Observation & Analysis
              * Reading Level
              * Math

http://www.ergometrics.org/fire.cfm

It's not unreasonable, given the OBSERVED "magically" changing scores, to wonder if the HR scores aren't tweakable by refining a selection criteria.... to achieve certain goals.
              Last edited by wm25burke; 01-20-2011, 02:40 AM.

Comment

85.33% and Band C.

I think with this type of banding system it's really hard to compete against those that are getting the 5 extra pts, but that said of all the people that deserve those extra pts it's those that served/fought for our country. I've got no problems with that, but me being competitive (like most on here) I just wanted to move on and give it my best shot.

Best of luck to those moving on. Keep us posted on your progress. This is my hood, so I've got a real interest in how things are going.

Stay safe!

On another note: FOR SALE- 1 passing CPAT cert for half price. Only requirement is that you have the same name as me.
                Nothing is as unimpressive as someone who is unwilling to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by wm25burke View Post
                  Congratulations.

It's interesting that they posted a score of 89.98 online, erased it - and then reported a score that magically dropped by 2.74 points.
                  Yeah, it does make you wonder...

Congrats though Pete! Good luck.
                  Nothing is as unimpressive as someone who is unwilling to learn.

Comment

As I understand the Departments have full control as to how they want to weigh each section and can change what personality traits they see desireable. So if you take the test twice for two different Dept.'s (assuming you answer identically) you may score totally different on the Video portion. That may have run a straight average at first and that is why that guy posted that original score, then they may have added more weight to a section and brought him down. Just a thought.

ALSO: by my count there is only 78 in A and B Bands, not 88. Am I seeing this wrong or do you guys have different numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by RoughCut View Post
                      As I understand the Departments have full control as to how they want to weigh each section and can change what personality traits they see desireable. So if you take the test twice for two different Dept.'s (assuming you answer identically) you may score totally different on the Video portion. That may have run a straight average at first and that is why that guy posted that original score, then they may have added more weight to a section and brought him down. Just a thought.

ALSO: by my count there is only 78 in A and B Bands, not 88. Am I seeing this wrong or do you guys have different numbers.
                      Nope.. 78 is right. And here i got 100 on the Math portion of the test. Better for me i suppose that there are less folks to compete with.

Comment

Originally posted by wm25burke View Post
                        Congratulations.

If we consider the list of traits that are reported by the test:

* Abrasive
                        * Passive
                        * Authoritarian
                        * Inconsiderate
                        * Self-Focused
                        * Work Avoidant
                        * Problems with Management
                        * Adds Tension to the Team
                        * Low Tolerance for Others
                        * Mechanical Reasoning
                        * Systems Analysis
                        * Observation & Analysis
                        * Reading Level
                        * Math

http://www.ergometrics.org/fire.cfm

It's not unreasonable, given the OBSERVED "magically" changing scores, to wonder if the HR scores aren't tweakable by refining a selection criteria.... to achieve certain goals.
                        Perhaps, i think though that the 89.74 might have been the percentage of the grading that was complete, as a poster stated upthread that they had 100%. Not the actual score. Although they were close.

Comment

Did you all get an email stating the score and bands? I have yet to receive one and my govjobs account only says 'Pass' for the FireTeam line...probably not a good sign!

Comment

Where is everyone seeing there scores? I went to governementjobs.com and have a pass next to fireteam test but no score or band placement?

Comment

They may not have sent all the emails out. Here is what i received:

Congratulations on completing the January 2011 Entry Level Firefighter process. Due to your FireTEAM scores (below), you have been placed on the 2011 Entry Level Firefighter Employment List. This employment list will be a one-year list, effective January 15, 2011, expiring January 15, 2012. You are in Band B.

Test Section: Math
                              Percentage Score: 100.00%

Test Section: Reading Score
                              Percentage Score: 84.00%

Test Section: Final Score with Veterans Preference
                              Percentage Score: 87.24%

Test Section: Human Relations
                              Percentage Score: 84.30%

Test Section: Mechanical Aptitude
                              Percentage Score: 88.89%

Total: 87.24%

For those individuals who were eligible and provided documentation, Veterans' points were also added to the final score. These final scores were then statistically placed into bands that grouped the individuals with similar score in the process. As a result, the highest scoring candidates appear in Band A, the second highest scoring candidates appear in Band B, and so on. In other words, the higher your score, the higher your band placement. A total of 6 bands resulted in this process.
                              Band A = 12
                              Band B = 66
                              Band C = 197
                              Band D = 271
                              Band E = 208
                              Band F = 13

The Colorado Springs Fire Department is currently planning an Academy for April 2011. The Fire Chief's will be conducting an application review of the candidates in Band A and B. Candidates selected from the review will be scheduled for preliminary psychological testing and a Command Board interview. Candidates selected should be contacted by Fire Human Resources no later than January 24, 2011. The interview and psychological testing is tentatively scheduled for January 31 – February 4th, 2011.

As a reminder, you must have a current, valid CPAT submitted by February 11, 2011 at 5:00 p.m. MST in order to be considered.

If you have any questions, please contact me via email at [email protected].

Thank you,

Cassie Beckey
                              Human Resources Analyst II
                              [email protected]
                              (719) 385-7244

If you applied online, please verify you have received this message by visiting: https://www.governmentjobs.com/js_lo...56161,41020964

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply...just chomping at the bit to find out!

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X