$50 Test!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $50 Test!

Just applied at small Michigan FD that told me it was $50 to test, due at the date of the written. Has anyone ever seen a testing process this exspensive or am I being cheap?

$25 is the most I have come across. Which fine municipality is charging $50?

Comment

yep

ok so you pay $ 50 and get a job, what is the salary???

is it worth it???

they don't give jobs away
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZdEH...e_gdata_player

Comment

Originally posted by fire49 View Post
        yep

ok so you pay $ 50 and get a job, what is the salary???

is it worth it???

they don't give jobs away
        Pay 50 and don't get a job.
        FF/Paramedic

Comment

I've seen $30 as the most but $50 wouldn't suprise me
          Firefighter, EMT-P, CICP, EMSI, HazMat Tech

Comment

FDNY was $65 in 2007 if I remember correctly? Boston might have been $50 this past fall but I could be wrong.
            FDNY Exam 2000
            Score:109
            List # XX

Comment

Westchester County NY exam on March 5th is $50 thats pretty normal around NY

Comment

Wow, this was not at all what i expected when i opened this up.. I thought this was some guy trying to sell testosterone for 50 bucks

Comment

Boston is now 200.00. $100 for the written and $100 for the physical. On top of that the state is broke and not putting many people on.

Comment

Doubled up again..........................
                    Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Comment

Originally posted by peterbound View Post
                      Wow, this was not at all what i expected when i opened this up.. I thought this was some guy trying to sell testosterone for 50 bucks
                      I get that cream for free!!!
                      Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Comment

Originally posted by bbell1977 View Post
                        Boston is now 200.00. $100 for the written and $100 for the physical. On top of that the state is broke and not putting many people on.
                        "Samsonite!...I was way off!" I wanted to take their last test but you have to be a Boston resident at the time of application But if I was a Boston native I would probably appreciate that.
                        FDNY Exam 2000
                        List # XX

Comment

On top of being a Boston resident you must have lived in the city/town for a year. It is pretty much a test for the whole state with the exception of a few towns in Western Mass. You pick your residency preference (The city you live in) and you get on there list. Then you have 3 other cities you can use as alternates but you go to the bottom behind all the veterans and residents on those alternate choices. It sucks.

Comment

Hazel Park is the city in MI. I don't mind paying, but I don't want to pay just to be put on a list. Most places aren't even hiring, but they still need to keep an eligibility list.

Comment

Originally posted by bbell1977 View Post
                              On top of being a Boston resident you must have lived in the city/town for a year. It is pretty much a test for the whole state with the exception of a few towns in Western Mass. You pick your residency preference (The city you live in) and you get on there list. Then you have 3 other cities you can use as alternates but you go to the bottom behind all the veterans and residents on those alternate choices. It sucks.
                              Oh so I see, yea Boston was my choice behind FDNY (as if I have all these choices of great depts to pick and choose from) but I'm not willing to move their on the chance that I could get on, and then have to live in the city the rest of my employment.
                              FDNY Exam 2000
                              List # XX

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse