Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

$50 Test!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • $50 Test!

    Just applied at small Michigan FD that told me it was $50 to test, due at the date of the written. Has anyone ever seen a testing process this exspensive or am I being cheap?

  • #2
    $25 is the most I have come across. Which fine municipality is charging $50?

    Comment


    • #3
      yep

      ok so you pay $ 50 and get a job, what is the salary???

      is it worth it???

      they don't give jobs away
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZdEH...e_gdata_player

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by fire49 View Post
        yep

        ok so you pay $ 50 and get a job, what is the salary???

        is it worth it???

        they don't give jobs away
        Pay 50 and don't get a job.
        FF/Paramedic

        Comment


        • #5
          I've seen $30 as the most but $50 wouldn't suprise me
          Firefighter, EMT-P, CICP, EMSI, HazMat Tech

          Comment


          • #6
            FDNY was $65 in 2007 if I remember correctly? Boston might have been $50 this past fall but I could be wrong.
            FDNY Exam 2000
            Score:109
            List # XX

            Comment


            • #7
              Westchester County NY exam on March 5th is $50 thats pretty normal around NY

              Comment


              • #8
                Wow, this was not at all what i expected when i opened this up.. I thought this was some guy trying to sell testosterone for 50 bucks

                Comment


                • #9
                  Boston is now 200.00. $100 for the written and $100 for the physical. On top of that the state is broke and not putting many people on.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Doubled up again..........................
                    Stay Safe and Well Out There....

                    Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by peterbound View Post
                      Wow, this was not at all what i expected when i opened this up.. I thought this was some guy trying to sell testosterone for 50 bucks
                      I get that cream for free!!!
                      Stay Safe and Well Out There....

                      Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by bbell1977 View Post
                        Boston is now 200.00. $100 for the written and $100 for the physical. On top of that the state is broke and not putting many people on.
                        "Samsonite!...I was way off!" I wanted to take their last test but you have to be a Boston resident at the time of application But if I was a Boston native I would probably appreciate that.
                        FDNY Exam 2000
                        Score:109
                        List # XX

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          On top of being a Boston resident you must have lived in the city/town for a year. It is pretty much a test for the whole state with the exception of a few towns in Western Mass. You pick your residency preference (The city you live in) and you get on there list. Then you have 3 other cities you can use as alternates but you go to the bottom behind all the veterans and residents on those alternate choices. It sucks.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Hazel Park is the city in MI. I don't mind paying, but I don't want to pay just to be put on a list. Most places aren't even hiring, but they still need to keep an eligibility list.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by bbell1977 View Post
                              On top of being a Boston resident you must have lived in the city/town for a year. It is pretty much a test for the whole state with the exception of a few towns in Western Mass. You pick your residency preference (The city you live in) and you get on there list. Then you have 3 other cities you can use as alternates but you go to the bottom behind all the veterans and residents on those alternate choices. It sucks.
                              Oh so I see, yea Boston was my choice behind FDNY (as if I have all these choices of great depts to pick and choose from) but I'm not willing to move their on the chance that I could get on, and then have to live in the city the rest of my employment.
                              FDNY Exam 2000
                              Score:109
                              List # XX

                              Comment

                              300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

                              Collapse

                              Upper 300x250

                              Collapse

                              Taboola

                              Collapse

                              Leader

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X