Online Education

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Online Education

Hello everyone. Just thought that I would get some opinions of good online education that is fire related. Probably looking more towards a bachelors as I already have an associates degree (non fire related). I noticed there are different programs out there so any suggestions on what site to use or what programs are beneficial, my end goal is to become a paid firefighter (whether that be city, airport, etc.). Thanks for your help!

I'm in my final course with my BS in Emergency Management from Grand Canyon University. It's a really good private University here in Arizona. They even offer Masters degree which I'm looking to start here in the next month that are fire related such as Public Admin, Executive Fire Service Leadership, and even other degrees that you can use towards a career such as a MS in Leadership. It's a great school though and is 100% online.

Comment

Columbia Southern University is where I finished my bachelors. They offer a variety of degrees; AS, BA, BS, MS. I got mine in Occupational Safety & Health; concentration Fire Science. Gives me some options to fall back on, little more fire knowledge, and just generally looks good on a resume. CSU is endorsed by major FD's (FDNY, Baltimore, and some others). They advertise in FH mag and other publications. I enjoyed it. My tuition there was the same as in-state university tuition, but I got free books.

Comment

Unless you want to be chief

Get a degree In field that will qualify for second job

You can then use while applying and after you get hired as a second job if you want
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZdEH...e_gdata_player

Comment

Originally posted by nickstamper View Post
          Hello everyone. Just thought that I would get some opinions of good online education that is fire related. Probably looking more towards a bachelors as I already have an associates degree (non fire related). I noticed there are different programs out there so any suggestions on what site to use or what programs are beneficial, my end goal is to become a paid firefighter (whether that be city, airport, etc.). Thanks for your help!
          Try the University of Maryland or the University of Cincinnati.
          Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Comment

Originally posted by fire49 View Post
            Unless you want to be chief

Get a degree In field that will qualify for second job

You can then use while applying and after you get hired as a second job if you want
            You mean in a field outside of EMS?

Comment

I was also wondering if anyone knew anything about American Public University. They offer a BS in Fire Management.

Comment

If you have an interest outside, yes

Teaching degree

CPA

Registered nurse

Attorney

Whatever

Comment

Originally posted by fire49 View Post
                  If you have an interest outside, yes

Teaching degree

CPA

Registered nurse

Attorney

Whatever
                  I am interested in Psychology, but I guess I assumed that it would be better to persue a degree that was more fire specific.

Comment

Almost any degree will help

Psychology will go along way in analyzing your co workers

If you think you will be chief one day yes business, public admin, finance do help in that position

But you can always minor in them and also take more courses in admin or other, once you get your 4 year

And once you get on a dept you might want to ho a different direction

Comment

Thanks for the advice.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse