Indianapolis Fire Department

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indianapolis Fire Department

Does anyone know where IFD stands on hiring? I know they have been in a consolidation with surrounding townships. I understand that Wayne and Decatur are next to consolidate. Also, PERF has started a new DROP program that allows firefighters to leave now instead of waiting. Does IFD expect many firefighters to take this option? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

There is a list in place if hiring ever occurs again. The last merger brought us about 25 extra people. We had some retirements in 2010 but not enough to offset the extras. The only way the 3 westside townships will consoidate right now is if they are forced by the legislature during the current session. There is a PERF lump sum payment aside from the DROP. I do not see a new process in the immediate future but I will put it on here if it happens.

Comment

Thank you for the info.

Comment

IFDFFENG20-How long is the list good for? 2 years? Just wondering if they had to keep an updated list or not?

Comment

Originally posted by Firedawg42 View Post
          IFDFFENG20-How long is the list good for? 2 years? Just wondering if they had to keep an updated list or not?
          The list expires in June. It was certified in June '09. I'm not sure what they will do if the list expires without a new one in place. You will have to re-test if it expires without any preference. It could be extended also, since there is not a current process.

Can we move this discussion to the old thread for future questions please so I don't have to follow 2 threads. Thanks

http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...t=indianapolis

Comment

Does anyone know what happened with the list? Did they let it expire or are they gonna keep it active for now?

Comment

Does anyone know if they let the list expire or if they are gonna keep it in place?

Comment

The current list is set to expire. I do not forsee any hiring in the next year or two based on the mergers and the economy. We have some retirements in the next two years that could give reason to hire but it will depend on other mergers over that time period. I will post on a new topic on this forum should we start a process in the near future. It stinks for those who made it on the list to have it expire, but those who want it will try again I hope.

Comment

Darn, I was hoping they would extend the list to save the $$$ associated with doing an entirely new process. Kind of makes you think they don't have any thoughts of hiring for a long time. Thanks, IFDFFENG20, for your continued information!

Comment

I spoke to the recuiting chief out at a job fair about two months ago and he said there about three years away from a new test

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X