No announcement yet.

Madison Fire Department 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

did anyone else go to the practice session for the PAT? What did you think about it?

Comment

Originally posted by TTRENGSTROM54241 View Post
      did anyone else go to the practice session for the PAT? What did you think about it?
      kind of a laid back practice. no jackets or scba were given out, just gloves and helmets. we were allowed to try all but the search station. being able to go through it gave me the opportunity to figure out the little techniques that can make the difference in just passing or getting the bonus points. wearing more gear and starting on the stairmill it will be a lot different.

Comment

Yup I thought it was pretty good. Just a little worried about the search trainer because they wont let us practice that. Other than that i'm pretty certain that i'll be winded after. I also think I wont have a problem getting all 7 points as long as I can do well in the search.

Comment

How did everyone's PAT go?

Comment

Went ok. Couldn't get the 20 sets in the pike pole event, only got to 17. How did everyone else do?

Comment

mine went alright....didn't make it out of the search fast enough so I didn't get the point there....but didn't DQ so I'm happy about that...I don't think they'll be calling though with 6 out of 7 points....I'm pretty sure that you need all 7 points to get an interview, don't ya?

Comment

From what I have read is that they will form an aggregate of your score from both the written and physical to determine who goes onto the orals. If you only got 6/7 on the PAT but did well enough on the written you still may move on... I think.

Comment

Not sure if you need all 7 to move on to the next step. Talked a little bit with the lady checking us in and it sounds like they're testing quite a few more people than they have in years past. I think it is a combination of written and PAT scores.

Comment

Hopefully.. Did she happen to say how many they were actually hiring? yea i know it is a combo of the written and pat scores to make it to next step. How did you do?

Comment

that would be sweet...I was so disappointed when I found out that I missed the point in the search. It was like someone hit me in the gut....I hope you're right.

Comment

I got 6 out 7 as well. It was soaking wet inside the dummy drag tunnel since it was pouring rain outside and kept losing my footing then made a poor strategic decision to try and drag the dummy through the curved portion with one hand from my knees. Afterwards found out I was 2.5 seconds over to get the point. Oh well, everything was no sweat so I guess I shall just wait the 2 weeks to see if my aggregate score is enough to continue on. Good luck all!

Comment

Mine went well 7/7. The next letter should be sent out the week of 6/8. Hopefully everyone recieves some good news.

Comment

7/7 here as well. Good luck everyone.

Comment

Well I flew through the course no problem getting the alotted 1 point for each station, other than the last set of the pike pole event my hands kept slipping and I only did 19. So its a 6/7 day for me.

Comment

pat and written test

I know for a fact that you dont have to have all 7 points to move on. They use a combo of your written and your pat points to determine who goes on. Does anybody know how they grade the written?? seems like a mystery because they dont ever tell you your score and where you actually stand on the list. i was fortunate enough to get 7/7 good luck everybody.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X