Madison Fire Department 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pat

Took the written test, didnt seem to bad.

Does anyone have any more details about the PAT. I watched the video on the Madison website, are the times for the physical test ranked or is it pass fail?

Has anyone taken this test before that can offer any tips?

Comment

Originally posted by grn bay View Post
      Took the written test, didnt seem to bad.

Does anyone have any more details about the PAT. I watched the video on the Madison website, are the times for the physical test ranked or is it pass fail?

Has anyone taken this test before that can offer any tips?
      The individual events are based on a points system, there are some critical fail points for some events, but the events are individually timed, not an overall time. The tip I would give is to take advantage of the practice sessions when offered and when it comes to the search maze, to do a proper search. Also, the last station, the pike pole station, can be brutal, in order to get max points for the station you have to do so many sets of push/pulls and so many reps. By the end your gloves can slip and it is difficult to keep a grip.
      The thoughts and opinions posted here are mine and mine alone and do not reflect the thoughts and or views of city or dept affiliation.

Comment

Originally posted by WTF227 View Post
        any updated news ????
        At this point its a whole lot of hurry up and wait. I believe we don't get the word if we move on until the end of the month.

Comment

Anybody get their letter this week? I had a buddy who got his saying he's not moving on but I didn't even get a letter.

Comment

I have heard nothing

Comment

Got my letter, I will be participating in the physical exam.

Comment

I just received my invite to participate in the physical agility test. I was hoping for a written exam test score, but no luck.

Comment

Received my letter to participate in the physical ability exam. If this process is like the last hiring process rankings will not be handed out until after an Oral Board Interview (next step after physical ability exam). You will then be assigned a group to participate in an interview with Chief Amesqua at a later date.

Comment

Mine came today. It was mailed on the 25th. Test set for May 25th. Anyone know how many took the written exam and how many moved to the PAT?

Comment

Got my letter, moving on good luck to all .

Comment

Congrats to those of you moving on, I wish you the best, I will not be.

Comment

I can probably speak for a bunch of people when I say the fire service is no longer a plcae where certifications or job experience mean anything. You have a bunch of people showing up for tests that have no business being in the fire service. They simply want a job. The Madison test proved just that. Cities like Madison are not worried about what you have done in your career, they're more worried about diversity. I say if that's what they want, good luck with that!!

Comment

Originally posted by leatherhead1807 View Post
                            I can probably speak for a bunch of people when I say the fire service is no longer a plcae where certifications or job experience mean anything. You have a bunch of people showing up for tests that have no business being in the fire service. They simply want a job. The Madison test proved just that. Cities like Madison are not worried about what you have done in your career, they're more worried about diversity. I say if that's what they want, good luck with that!!
                            I don't know how long you've been in the fire service but experience and certifications never meant anything.

Comment

Its true, there is a reason they have a "fire academy" they train their people the way they want them to perform. They would almost prefer no prior experience to limit bad habits. It's been like this for years for departments across the us.

Comment

Originally posted by AJ770 View Post
                                I don't know how long you've been in the fire service but experience and certifications never meant anything.
                                I've got 13 years on the job. IMO it's still BS! But what are you going to do? I guess that's the way the cookie crumbles.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X