Allentown Fire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allentown Fire

Anybody have info on Allentown PA? From their IAFF website they seem to run a good amount and they are a tight group. Talked to the chief a couple of weeks ago but don't know much else about them or the status of the city. Any info is appreciated.

I think they hired sometime in 07' or 08' and on the citys site it says that they're currently not accepting applications at the moment. One of the assistant chiefs is a member at my hunting club and he's a good guy. From what I've heard they seem like a great dept.
    Last edited by ddrum; 01-10-2011, 12:21 AM. Reason: *

Comment

They just hired within the last 6-8 months. Due to the economics of the City, I wouldn't look for them to hire anytime soon. In fact I would be surprised if they didn't try to disband companies or lower minimum manning.
      "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Comment

Actually got a conditional offer from them that's why I am asking. 6 guys retired so they are putting through a class of 6 February 9th. I heard early last year that Allentown was filing as a distressed city and that somewhat worries me about the job.
        Last edited by irish2522; 01-10-2011, 01:32 AM.

Comment

When did you test for there list?

Comment

Tested back in 2009. They are talking about testing again this year so this hiring will be the last off this list before it is replaced.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
            Working...
            X