Online EMT course

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Online EMT course

I doubt this is supposed to go in this section, but I couldnt have the section on emt training/etc. Anyway I was wondering if anyone knows of or has completed a reputable online emt course. My current job and schedule is crazy, after alot of research, I think this is my best option. Not sure if it makes a difference but I live in Denver Co. Thanks for any help.

I personally have not. There's other threads on here about online EMT classes. I spoke with a few people in the classes and they seem to like them. TX seems to be the only place I've seen that will do such things. You will still have to physically attend at the end of the class for all the hands on assessments and what not. The courses are pretty pricey too.

http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...ght=online+emt

This is another forums of online EMT courses.

Comment

I don't personally know of any online emt classes. There are a lot of people that have busy lives and work schedules that find time for EMT classes. Most places in the Denver Metro area offer EMT classes twice a year. Most are 2 days a week for 4 hours each day and occasional Saturdays (about 3 months in duration), plus clinical and ride along time. That being said if you are too busy to be able to physically attend an EMT class, you will probably be too busy to put in the time to study for an EMT class. I would wait until you are able to physically attend an EMT class. Just my 2 cents. Look at Community Colleges, Saint Anthony's or Swedish Hospital EMT programs. Best of luck to you.

Comment

I realize that this would probably not be the "best" way to earn to this certification, it is the best way for me. Since I work in wildland fire currently my season begins and ends in the middle of traditional college semesters, so taking an emt course through a community college is out. Since I work construction full time in the off season, I cannot take that much time off for one of the accelerated 2 week courses. Ive already made DFD's eligilibity list, scored mid 90's on the drcog, signed up to take CSFD test on friday, and with West Metro and Poudre testing coming up, **IF** I would make it to an oral interview, Id like to be able to say I doing the most with my time, rather than sitting on my duff and waiting for a more accomodating time. And I realize that these online courses may put some real unqualified people into the field, I believe with my military medical training and wfr cert, I have the drive and knowledge to make this worth my time and money. So if anyone does know of an online course, please share. Thanks for your time and help.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
        Working...
        X