X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TomKHCFR
    MembersZone Subscriber
    • Jan 2005

Cobb County, GA Hiring in 2011

Anyone know if Cobb County FD will be hiring in 2011?
  • CaptOldTimer
    Forum Member
    • Jun 1999

Just keep looking from time to time here..

also google this...

ga fire departments hiring

for other cities in GA.
    Last edited by CaptOldTimer; 01-01-2011, 05:39 PM.
    Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Comment

• TomKHCFR
      MembersZone Subscriber
      • Jan 2005

I usually do. Normally its every August but sometimes you never know. I also looked at their budget for 2011 to see what they had slated...damn budget cuts!

Comment

• TL678
        Forum Member
        • Dec 2005

Originally posted by TomKHCFR
        Not happining Cobb is talking about furloughs and possible layoffs.

Comment

• wks41
          Forum Member
          • Jun 2010

Cobb will not be hiring anytime soon. My good buddy works for cobb and they are furloughing for sure. As far as laying offs are concerned he didnt say anything about that.

Comment

• kenyon
            Forum Member
            • Mar 2011

Originally posted by TomKHCFR
            I dont think thay will but if you whant a good stable dept. I look in to the gwinnett county fire if you whant info private message me im an explorer with gwinnett i can find out when the next opening is pluse the dept. is expanding not cuting corners like a lot of metro ATL dept. they are bracking ground on 3 new stionsons this year

Comment

• KeepBack500Feet
              Forum Member
              • Nov 2010

I hear that Gwinnett is on a hiring freeze. Also I hear they aren't developing the new stations because of budget cuts and there is no funding for new staff.

Comment

• TL678
                Forum Member
                • Dec 2005

Originally posted by kenyon
                I dont think thay will but if you whant a good stable dept. I look in to the gwinnett county fire if you whant info private message me im an explorer with gwinnett i can find out when the next opening is pluse the dept. is expanding not cuting corners like a lot of metro ATL dept. they are bracking ground on 3 new stionsons this year
                Gwinnett isn't in better shape then Cobb. They have been in a hiring freeze for the last two years while Cobb continued hiring. They also lost some holiday pay and those stations won't be built until the economy turns around. Cobb is the number one dept in the state followed by Gwinnett.

Comment

• kenyon
                  Forum Member
                  • Mar 2011

Originally posted by TL678
                  Gwinnett isn't in better shape then Cobb. They have been in a hiring freeze for the last two years while Cobb continued hiring. They also lost some holiday pay and those stations won't be built until the economy turns around. Cobb is the number one dept in the state followed by Gwinnett.
                  not true just the past year in oct. the det. put threw its bigest FF class in the history of the dpt. and in fact they have a desint sized one going threw now

Comment

• KeepBack500Feet
                    Forum Member
                    • Nov 2010

True, last year was a class of 90 and starting soon is a class or 20-30. A good 20-30 did not make it through the class of 90.

Comment

• TL678
                      Forum Member
                      • Dec 2005

not true just the past year in oct. the det. put threw its bigest FF class in the history of the dpt. and in fact they have a desint sized one going threw now
                      Well i stand corrected i remember watching the news report about them being in a hiring freeze.

Comment

• KeepBack500Feet
                        Forum Member
                        • Nov 2010

http://waltontribune.com/loganville/...cc4c002e0.html (Read last paragraph) "The department made history recently when it opened three fire stations on the same day and hired its largest basic firefighter recruit training class."

Comment

• kenyon
                          Forum Member
                          • Mar 2011

Originally posted by KeepBack500Feet
                          True, last year was a class of 90 and starting soon is a class or 20-30. A good 20-30 did not make it through the class of 90.
                          you, are corecct but the 20-30 that did failed out was becuse of the EMT-intermidet test not the FF porsiton of the acadamy btw to get hired bb gwinnett they will pay for you'r emt crt you will get it threw the acadamy if you fail you dont get hired and if you whant to go paramedic you can also do that with them after 2 years in the feild they also run ALS engins and trucks in some of the staion just so u know

Comment

• GTRider245
                            Forum Member
                            • May 2005

you, are corecct but the 20-30 that did failed out was becuse of the EMT-intermidet test not the FF porsiton of the acadamy btw to get hired bb gwinnett they will pay for you'r emt crt you will get it threw the acadamy if you fail you dont get hired and if you whant to go paramedic you can also do that with them after 2 years in the feild they also run ALS engins and trucks in some of the staion just so u know
                            Not to be a jackass, but if you are looking for a job with any reputable fire department in this state you might want to brush up on your spelling and grammar skills.
                            Career Firefighter
                            Volunteer Captain

-Professional in Either Role-

Originally posted by Rescue101
                            I don't mind fire rolling over my head. I just don't like it rolling UNDER my a**.

Comment

• kenyon
                              Forum Member
                              • Mar 2011

Originally posted by GTRider245
                              Not to be a jackass, but if you are looking for a job with any reputable fire department in this state you might want to brush up on your spelling and grammar skills.
                              hay srroy for my spelling and grammar but im just an exploer and have dislexa and larning disablitys srroy

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...