X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oldohfire
    replied
    Senate Bill 5

If some of you have not noticed Ohio's current state senate has introduced a bill that will effectively end collective bargaining as we know it in OH. This bill will result in less pay, benefits and rights that many of us have fought hard for. We need everyone's help. This is a very serious concern for current and Future OH Firefighters. Please take the time to find out who your local state senator and state representative are and send them a letter (e-mail) and a phone call to their state office telling them you oppose this bill. Please be professional. Insults and name calling will not help our cause. For more info please go to www.oapff.com.

Leave a comment:

• ffmedicmatt
    replied
    Originally posted by PARAMIKE View Post
    Hey has anyone received any of the letters cems sent out? I went to the interview i thought it went well but i have not received a call or anything? Is it possible they are rejection letters? Let me know
    nothing man. I talked to one of my buddies I went to medic school with. He said he was asked about one of us who were in medic school with him but not any of the other who applied who were in class with him. So...I don't know what's going on.

Leave a comment:

• PARAMIKE
    replied
    Hey has anyone received any of the letters cems sent out? I went to the interview i thought it went well but i have not received a call or anything? Is it possible they are rejection letters? Let me know

Leave a comment:

• Cincinnatirp
    replied
    CEMS is a civil service position. They have made calls to those who will be in the next academy asking for more documentation like certs etc. They want the new class to be out by the beginning of summer. The academy will be less para-military and focus more on ride time. Only paramedics will be hired this time. Academy consists of protocol, sops, city policies, and a handful of cert/recert classes. Even if your hopes are actually getting on CFD through the merger with EMS do not mention it, meaning fire, at the interview or any other time.

Leave a comment:

• ffmedicmatt
    replied
    I emailed and was told letters will be sent out this week. take that as you want cause I don't know what it means

Leave a comment:

• ffmedicmatt
    replied
    Originally posted by MATT PIRRS View Post
    hey has any one gotten called for cleveland ems? they had interviews in the begining of this month, but i havent heard anything since?
    no man...haven't heard anything. Talked to a buddy on CEMS the other day and he said he hasn't heard any rumblings on a class or anything

Leave a comment:

• MATT PIRRS
    replied
    Cleveland ems

hey has any one gotten called for cleveland ems? they had interviews in the begining of this month, but i havent heard anything since?

Leave a comment:

• ffmedicmatt
    replied
    Originally posted by jbrescue View Post
    They used to run their own medic program. I have no idea if they are still doing that or not. The Cleveland area is saturated in medics looking for work, so why run a program that is not needed?
    yeah I agree. There are a butt load of medics in the NE ohio area

Leave a comment:

• jbrescue
    replied
    Originally posted by UPSRacer View Post
    I might know the answer to this question, but what level does the EMS academy train you at. Basic or Medic? From what I have read it just at the basic level. Can anyone confirm this?
    They used to run their own medic program. I have no idea if they are still doing that or not. The Cleveland area is saturated in medics looking for work, so why run a program that is not needed?

Leave a comment:

• ffmedicmatt
    replied
    I think it's just like SOP's and BLS, ACLS, PALS, PEPP ect. I was told no matter when you got those certs that they want the whole class on the same page for exp. date but I believe that you need to be a medic this time around for the class. It was all medics that took the "test"

Leave a comment:

• UPSRacer
    replied
    I might know the answer to this question, but what level does the EMS academy train you at. Basic or Medic? From what I have read it just at the basic level. Can anyone confirm this?

Leave a comment:

• ffmedicmatt
    replied
    They don't really give a test. It's not a civil service position. They did have a test but it wasnt a civil service test it was a "see what you know" test. I just put an application in and got a call. They want to have a class of 30 out of the academy by the start of the summer and I'd say CEMS will have quite a few retiring that's just a guess but there are a lot of older guys on CEMS

I did ask about the merger but got nothing except its "going to happen this year"
    Last edited by ffmedicintheCLE; 01-04-2011, 10:48 AM.

Leave a comment:

• FIREJAWZ
    replied
    Originally posted by ffmedicmatt View Post
    just had my interview today. It was interesting and of course when I asked when a class would start...I got the "well, it'll take a week or two to finalize a list and then another 4-10 weeks for city hall to set the list and we want to start a class as soon as possible."

why can't they just tell you what it'll be?
    During your interview, was there any mention of the merger with CFD or anything related to CFD?

Leave a comment:

• sergijm
    replied
    How often does Cleveland EMS hire? or how oten do they test is the better question.

Leave a comment:

• ffmedicmatt
    replied
    just had my interview today. It was interesting and of course when I asked when a class would start...I got the "well, it'll take a week or two to finalize a list and then another 4-10 weeks for city hall to set the list and we want to start a class as soon as possible."

why can't they just tell you what it'll be?

Leave a comment:

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X