Counties sharing polygraph information

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Counties sharing polygraph information

I am currently a volunteer firefighter going through the recruitment process for a jurisdiction in Northern Virginia. I have taken a polygraph elsewhere, however I didn't make it to the next step in the hiring process. My question is, can one jurisdiction contact another local department for previous polygraph information. Again I don't intend to lie or cheat the polygraph, I just don't want them to have the wrong impression if they contact another jurisdiction.
    Last edited by Jdobbs; 12-20-2010, 10:55 PM.

Originally posted by Jdobbs View Post
    I am currently a volunteer firefighter going through the recruitment process for a jurisdiction in Northern Virginia. I have taken a polygraph elsewhere, however I didn't make it to the next step in the hiring process. My question is, can one jurisdiction contact another local department for previous polygraph information. Again I don't intend to lie or cheat the polygraph, I just don't want them to have the wrong impression if they contact another jurisdiction.
    They can, but each will do their own test.
    Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Comment

Generally the question is posed, “Have you ever failed a polygraph”? If you did fail they may ask why.

But, if I read your post properly, you had a polygraph and then didn’t proceed in the hiring process. You didn’t know if you did or didn’t pass. If they didn’t tell you, you don’t know.

A lot of departments will send a few more for the background testing, knowing a few will drop out. It is not unusual to have passed everything but you just weren’t high enough on the list to be selected to continue.

So if you were told you failed, put it down. If you weren’t told you failed, you can in good conscience say, to your knowledge, you have not failed a polygraph test and be telling the honest truth.

As was said above, they are going to give you another one anyway, so it really doesn't matter.
      Good Luck, Capt Rob
      www.myfireinterview.com

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
      Working...