New York State Fire Test March 5th 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FDNY-USCG View Post
    I just received my results. Between what ranges would a good list # be?
    under 50 would probably have a chance this year but i would say maybe top 150 for the 4 years this is good for?

Comment

• Received my results as well ! good luck to everyone in the process

Does anyone have any idea of how many potential hires off this list?

What's a good score and ranking to have a chance to get call for next steps?

thank you in advance

Comment

• Due to the way the list works, residents being placed on a seperate list, list numbers above 100 are almost never hired...last list hired less then 30 people off of the non residents lists. To give a better idea my list number was around 60 and I was interviewed for only three positions, two of which went to residents anyway. Agian this is the historical look at the list, it is rumored that this list may break 100 based on the amount of unfilled positions and the upcoming retirements, but who knows.

Comment

• Originally posted by chrome12211 View Post
          Due to the way the list works, residents being placed on a seperate list, list numbers above 100 are almost never hired...last list hired less then 30 people off of the non residents lists. To give a better idea my list number was around 60 and I was interviewed for only three positions, two of which went to residents anyway. Agian this is the historical look at the list, it is rumored that this list may break 100 based on the amount of unfilled positions and the upcoming retirements, but who knows.
          Thank You for your insite.

How does the resident list work? how many are typically on the resident list, per town? I did pretty well I'm ranked in the top 25 (non resident)

Comment

Due to the way the list works, residents being placed on a seperate list, list numbers above 100 are almost never hired...last list hired less then 30 people off of the non residents lists. To give a better idea my list number was around 60 and I was interviewed for only three positions, two of which went to residents anyway. Agian this is the historical look at the list, it is rumored that this list may break 100 based on the amount of unfilled positions and the upcoming retirements, but who knows.
            How do you find out what your list number is on the non residency list? Thanks for the info!! I still will keep faith its good for 4 years hopefully people retire/departments expand lol
            FFG123
            Forum Member
            Last edited by FFG123; 11-05-2011, 01:02 PM.

Comment

• Each town that tests is able to establish a list based on residents only, the town may choose to hire off that list first, which would include anyone living in the town who passed the test before they interview non-residents. Most towns will exhaust the residents list first before they interview non-residents...basically even if you scored a 100 on the exam the dept could hire a resident who scored a 75 (a passing score) before they hired you. Granted some towns in the past have had few or no residents take/pass the exam, or chose to expand there applicant pool and pull off the list to begin with, but remember most of these departments are combination departments and like to hire thier volunteers first because they are already farmilure with the department/they are known to the chiefs or comminsioners. Hope that helps clear up some of the questions you all may have.

Comment

Each town that tests is able to establish a list based on residents only, the town may choose to hire off that list first, which would include anyone living in the town who passed the test before they interview non-residents. Most towns will exhaust the residents list first before they interview non-residents...basically even if you scored a 100 on the exam the dept could hire a resident who scored a 75 (a passing score) before they hired you. Granted some towns in the past have had few or no residents take/pass the exam, or chose to expand there applicant pool and pull off the list to begin with, but remember most of these departments are combination departments and like to hire thier volunteers first because they are already farmilure with the department/they are known to the chiefs or comminsioners. Hope that helps clear up some of the questions you all may have.
                Thanks again for the info, another question if you don't mind

I have a current Cpat certification ( renewed in Connecticut Sept 2011), do you know if i'll have to retake, if chosen to move on?

If your able to comment, can you tell us about your oral board experience

Comment

• Has anyone heard of any Westchester county towns/villages hiring ? Rumors? Etc..

Thank you in advance

Comment

• im taking the test at end of this month, just some questions for you guys. For starters is there a memory portion of test where u read a passage or picture for 10 minutes then its taken away and you have questions on them
                    also how many people were hired off that last list and what scores were necessary to get those spots

thanks

Comment

• bump.......

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse