No announcement yet.

New York State Fire Test March 5th 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

test was pretty easy! but i did not enjoy the thousands of people taking it at white plains high school lol

Comment

when will we get our results?

Comment

Probably late May.

Comment

Originally posted by duce.duce View Post
          when will we get our results?
          3-4 months the lady told us

Comment

how did everyone do? also, does anyone know if and when syracuse or rochester city will be giving a test? or if there are any other tests scheduled for this year?

Comment

Originally posted by esilliman View Post
              how did everyone do? also, does anyone know if and when syracuse or rochester city will be giving a test? or if there are any other tests scheduled for this year?

Did you get your test results from the March 5th exam?
              Exam #2000
              Score 10x
              List # 5x
              CPAT-4/30/2013
              Background-3/6/2013
              Medical-4/4/2013
              Written psych-4/7/2013
              1.5 mile run-7/15/2013
              Academy-7/29/2013

Comment

yeah i took the test for hornell and onondaga county. but im wondering if anyone knew of anymore upcoming exams?

Comment

I took it as well. got an 85. Sitting at a 90 with my Vet points. I thought the test was hard as sh*t. I was sick, tired and couldnt breath, cramped in that tiny little desk.

Comment

Originally posted by shott8283 View Post
                    I took it as well. got an 85. Sitting at a 90 with my Vet points. I thought the test was hard as sh*t. I was sick, tired and couldnt breath, cramped in that tiny little desk.
                    The results were sent out???

Comment

yeah this test was definitly harder than previous new york state civil service exams IMO

Comment

yeah this test was definitly harder than previous new york state civil service exams IMO
                        The #1-60 test was common sense

Comment

i wouldnt call it common sense.. its definitly a matter of problem solving. usually with these exams 2 answers usually sound good, and 2 are obviously wrong. the last ny exam i took i scored an 85, which was my first exam ever and i didnt do quite as well on this exam which is unfortunate. hope you scored a 95+ though!

Comment

i wouldnt call it common sense.. its definitly a matter of problem solving. usually with these exams 2 answers usually sound good, and 2 are obviously wrong. the last ny exam i took i scored an 85, which was my first exam ever and i didnt do quite as well on this exam which is unfortunate. hope you scored a 95+ though!
                            yea i guess ur right i did always get it down to 2 possible answers...honestly the way things are going you can score a 95 and not even get a call....

Comment

Got my results today as well, 90. This was my first civil service exam ever so I had no idea what to expect or if it was harder/easier than others.

LOL @ the desk comment, I couldn't believe those things were built for adults! And I'm not a big guy either.

I'm surprised the Onondaga list is only valid for a year. Wasn't the previous one good for 2 or 3?

As for ROC, I wouldn't count on them hiring any time soon, they're still threatening extensive layoffs.

Comment

ROC as in rochester? rochester wasnt even a cross-file-able agency on this test, they generally test on there own schedual

i tested for Batavia, sitting at a solid number 8 on the list out of an estimated 70 people taking the exam. for a 4 year list and rumor of a big retirement push. im looking good for a shot in 2012. early 2012

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X