New York State Fire Test March 5th 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by esilliman View Post
    i dont think too many people will be taking that test, although its decent pay.
    I don't understand what you mean? The test is the same for the whole state. Do you mean that you don't think too many people will apply for an Onondaga county position? For anyone who is looking to get their foot in the door, its a great opportunity just like anywhere else. Also if you think about it, a smaller list has a higher chance for someone to get appointed. There are also 2 vacancies now for Fayetteville now that I am heading south.

Comment

same civil service test, but i believe they give it on their own individually and at their test site right? i def agree with you, great place to start. all i was implying is its a small department and not many positions to fill.. just sayin not a lot of people would take it. im going to sign up for it because there are no residency requirements.

Comment

and i guess by "not a lot" i mean 4,000+ like in a bigger city.. im guessing maybe 1000 would take this test? what do you think?

Comment

and i guess by "not a lot" i mean 4,000+ like in a bigger city.. im guessing maybe 1000 would take this test? what do you think?
          I was hired off this list in 2009 and it was established in late 2008. There were only 81 names on it! Remember if you crossfile, you can apply anywhere and everywhere and take the test on March 5th at a site that is close and or convenient for you. Good luck!

Comment

I would definitely recommend cross-filing and taking the test for as many positions as possible!...Remember, you can always turn down a position- but you can't go back and add your name to a list after the test is over!

Comment

Originally posted by Shawshank View Post
              I was hired off this list in 2009 and it was established in late 2008. There were only 81 names on it! Remember if you crossfile, you can apply anywhere and everywhere and take the test on March 5th at a site that is close and or convenient for you. Good luck!

you worked at an onodoga county dept? what did you do, leave for another department?

Comment

how do you go about cross filling for this

Comment

you worked at an onodoga county dept? what did you do, leave for another department?
                  Yes. I have recently accepted a position at Norfolk Fire Rescue. Norfolk, VA

Comment

Originally posted by EBHFD68 View Post
                    how do you go about cross filling for this
                    On every job announcement will be a phone number listed to contact NYS Civil Service. You will have to tell them all the announcements you applied for (with the exam #'s) and what site you plan to sit and take the test on March 5th.

Comment

City of Cortland announcement: http://www.cortland-co.org/personnel...%20%20CITY.htm

Comment

Originally posted by Shawshank View Post
                        Yes. I have recently accepted a position at Norfolk Fire Rescue. Norfolk, VA
                        mind me asking why?

Comment

mind me asking why?
                          A larger Dept. with a greater opportunity for carreer advancement. The weather is a bit more appealing as well.

Comment

City of Hornell announcement: http://www.steubencony.org/jobannoun...nell_61608.pdf

Comment

County of Niagara: http://www.niagaracounty.com/jobs/98...%20applctn.pdf

Comment

thanks shaw

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...