New York State Fire Test March 5th 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New York State Fire Test March 5th 2011

I saw the first announcement open today for Ogdensburgh. More cities and towns should open in coming weeks for the statewide test to be held on March 5th 2011. To any of you looking for NY jobs start cruising Municipal websites for announcements and don't forget to obtain residency and crossfile...... Oh and before a million of you ask, FDNY is not included in the statewide test. They host their own test seperately.

hey, I'm from new york, but i'm not sure as though I have herd what exactly this test does.... I am currently stationed at ft. drum, and am interested in taking the exam... would buffalo or rochester hire off of it? or syracuse?
    -Firefighting is a lifestyle NOT a career-

Comment

It is for the City of Ogdensburg, NY

Low pay too.

See this http://www.ogdensburg.org/FirefighterAnnouncement.pdf
      Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Comment

Originally posted by DaveKiefer View Post
        hey, I'm from new york, but i'm not sure as though I have herd what exactly this test does.... I am currently stationed at ft. drum, and am interested in taking the exam... would buffalo or rochester hire off of it? or syracuse?
        The state test does not have 1 giant list that everyone hires off of. You can apply to any open announcement all over the state and each Dept. comprises its own list following the test.
        Not every municipal city, village, town, Dept., opens every time the state hosts a test. For example: Syracuse developed a list from the 2009 state test and has only hired 1 class from that list. With that being said, Syracuse will not open for this state test because the current list is still fresh. I am not sure if Buffalo or Rochester will be open this time around. You will have to do some web surfing to find announcements. I know Onondaga County will be open and if you have any interest check on www.ongov.net . I hope thats helps you out. Good Luck.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptOldTimer View Post
          It is for the City of Ogdensburg, NY

Low pay too.

See this http://www.ogdensburg.org/FirefighterAnnouncement.pdf
          I was shocked to see this starting salary. That is extremely low. A stones throw next door in Watertown starts at over $40,000/yr. One would think they would have a near similar salary to other Depts. in the area. That is also the coldest, snowiest area in the country. Brrrr!

Comment

does anyone know of any other counties/cities that are having tests in march? I heard rochester is but I havent seen an announcement yet.

Comment

I hope rochester is. keep me updated on that one, I would love to work there.
              -Firefighting is a lifestyle NOT a career-

Comment

i know a lot of departments in NY have residency requirements.

Comment

yeah they do.

Comment

Originally posted by esilliman View Post
                    i know a lot of departments in NY have residency requirements.
                    Yes they do but there are always ways around that.

Comment

Originally posted by Shawshank View Post
                      Yes they do but there are always ways around that.
                      aside from using someones address, how do you get around that??

Comment

Originally posted by JDK224 View Post
                        aside from using someones address, how do you get around that??
                        Thats just it really. I know of several firefighters on in Syracuse that had an address but never lived a day in the city limits. Kinda messed up but thats the game of residency. Many depts. do have ways to verify if you actually reside there but many get away with it.

Comment

Here is the Albany announcement. http://www.albanyny.org/_files/Firef...2011packet.pdf

Comment

Here is the Onondaga county announcment. http://www.ongov.net/employment/jobs/exams/ex41280.htm

Comment

Originally posted by Shawshank View Post
                              Here is the Onondaga county announcment. http://www.ongov.net/employment/jobs/exams/ex41280.htm
                              i dont think too many people will be taking that test, although its decent pay.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X