Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How would you approach this interview question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How would you approach this interview question.

I have tested and interviewed with 2 differentdepartments within about a six month span. i have learned the advantages of applying as much as possible to say the least. my first go round ended with an interview, the second a conditional job offer ending with a disqualificationon the grounds of falsified application information. * I have smoked marijuana only twice and neglected the info on my application, then noted it in my pre polygraph screening. I'm still kicking myself in the*** for that. I am now eligible for an interview with my dream departmentand I'm wondering what should be said when the panel asks whether or not I have applied for any other depts and the individual outcomes. I fear stating that I've been disqualified, because it questions my integrity as an applicant...but I have been madly working toprepare myself for this single opportunity. any advice on what I should do is greatly appreciated.

Tell the truth. State what you've learned and how you've grown from that indiscretion. But remember to only give them answers to the questions they ask, don't go above and beyond. I made this mistake on an oral, "Is there anything else we should know about you?" I answered with the minor marijuana use. I continued on as number 2 on the list but was told by the polygraphist (who was on the interview panel) that I shouldn't have brought that up. That there was a time and a place for that and it was when they specifically asked me about it.
    Good luck.

Comment

Be truthful if asked

We require on the application other cities you have applied for and status

Also remember cities some times talk to each other, so might call another city and see what they thought about you
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZdEH...e_gdata_player

Comment

Once again the advice of be truthful and answer exactly what is asked. It is better to be honest and explain what happened and if you get turned down it won't be another disqualified for falsification. Two of those will be a bigger deal then one obviously.

Comment

Thanks Gentlemen I appreciate all of the advice.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
          Working...
          X