Fire Dept Medic Internship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fire Dept Medic Internship

I'm nearly midway through the didactic portion of my Paramedic Program and need to start thinking of where I should do my internship. Since I'm getting certified to improve my chances of being hired by a Fire Department, I want to complete my internship through one.

My question is if anyone has some insight on what transporting departments nationwide accept resident interns. The one that I knew about in S.Carolina is no longer available. Their program allowed interns to live at the station and complete the internship in about 3.5 weeks. Ideally, I would want to find another program that allows the internship process to be accelerated like that.

Thanks for your input!

That was at Myrtle Beach. There are a couple departments in Oregon that will allow interns. Dont you have do to yours with a Transporting agency? Our class is required to do it with a full time transporting agency ie AMR

Comment

Yeah, that program sounded great until one kid in the class prior to mine made them rethink their agreement with my school...

As long as the agency transports, my school will let you do an internship there. It can be a fire department or an ambulance company. I don't really care where I end up but I liked the idea of powering through the hours as quick as possible. I was hoping to see if anyone has heard of another department that allows resident interns.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
      Working...
      X