Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rmhenry1
    replied
    No DWIs. Just got alot of points that added up within a couple months. Having a suspended liscence really woke me up. Ive been pretty good since then.

Leave a comment:

• BJJFIRE
    replied
    Originally posted by rmhenry1 View Post
    Hi everybody. Does anyone know how strict CFD is about driving records? My liscense was suspened 5 years ago. I was in College and I was young and stupid. I have kept a clean record since then except one ticket.
    It all depends why it was suspended..if it was dwi you might have some explaining to do but don’t worry too much about it just put your application in and good luck.

Leave a comment:

• rmhenry1@gmail.com
    replied
    Hi everybody. Does anyone know how strict CFD is about driving records? My liscense was suspened 5 years ago. I was in College and I was young and stupid. I have kept a clean record since then except one ticket.

Leave a comment:

• BJJFIRE
    replied
    Class 87 & 88 are on the way..........2012 opens November 28th, good luck.

Leave a comment:

• BennyT373
    replied
    Originally posted by jpartlowjr View Post
    Thanks for the update. I figured I was dead in the water especially since the talk was the first class would start in 10 days. Now to try and figure out what could be in my background holding me back as I have been brought in two consecutive years for a background interview with no poly follow up.
    I kind of wonder the same thing... I drastically improved since last year, having additional training and my NR EMT. I also had a letter of recommendation written by an engineer within CFD. Maybe just not getting enough preference points. Better luck next year I assume...

Leave a comment:

• kyhunter42
    replied
    jpartlowjr,
    I sent you and PM.

It might not be your background. What did you do to improve yourself as a candidate between the 1st and 2nd process? Do you do anything to make yourself more qualified? College? Experience? Certifications?

Leave a comment:

• jpartlowjr
    replied
    Thanks for the update. I figured I was dead in the water especially since the talk was the first class would start in 10 days. Now to try and figure out what could be in my background holding me back as I have been brought in two consecutive years for a background interview with no poly follow up.

Leave a comment:

• kyhunter42
    replied
    I know a list of names has been submitted to the Civil Service Board for hiring. 2 Classes, the first in Oct and the 2nd in Dec. You should know soon.
    Last edited by kyhunter42; 09-16-2011, 02:27 PM. Reason: correction

Leave a comment:

• BennyT373
    replied
    Thinking the same thing... guess I'll see some of you this Jan/Feb again...

Leave a comment:

• jpartlowjr
    replied
    Anyone know the current status of the the hiring process? I still have not heard anything so I am assuming I am dead in the water.

Leave a comment:

• DaveKiefer
    replied
    Usually its every year in Jan.

Leave a comment:

• Pugsley67
    replied
    Is there any word on when the next exam is going to be offered?

Leave a comment:

• BennyT373
    replied
    maybe CFD frowns upon being part of FH.com forums... seems like no one on here has had any luck (besides JR)...

Leave a comment:

• jpartlowjr
    replied
    Originally posted by GymRat49er View Post
    I was wondering if Charlotte is going to have two rounds of interviews. One for the first recruit class and another for the second recruit class. I passed the CPAT but have yet to hear anything. Just curious if this means I am out or not...?
    Not 100% sure so take it as a grain of salt but when I had my background interview they did mention that they were preparing to put two classes in which leads me to think they were getting candidates lined up for both recruitment classes especially since an earlier post says that they may begin within a month of one another but you never know for sure. It's a long process and nothing is set in stone until you get an offer to begin the academy.
    I was brought in last year for a background interview and again this year. I have not heard anything in regards of being brought in for the poly yet so at this point I'm not sure what to think. My background is pretty clean so if I don't move forward again this year I will be a little confused on what could be holding up my advancement. All we can do is wait and hope that we get brought through further. It's very competitive so they definitely can be picky in their choice of candidates and deciding who is best fit for the job.
    Good luck!

Leave a comment:

• GymRat49er
    replied
    I was wondering if Charlotte is going to have two rounds of interviews. One for the first recruit class and another for the second recruit class. I passed the CPAT but have yet to hear anything. Just curious if this means I am out or not...?

Leave a comment:

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X