Charlotte Fire Department 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fireguy52 View Post
    Does anyone know what Charlotte's tattoo policy is ?
    No New visible tattoos. I'm not allowed to get a tattoo that is visible while in uniform. Not sure how that will apply to new hires. My advice would be to cover them up during the process. If you have a sleeve tattoo I would wear long sleeves for the CPAT. There is no reason to draw unwanted attention. Thats just my opinion. I have a few tattoos and I'm not going to discuss whether i agree or disagree with new policy, because it doesn't matter what I think. That is just the way it is.

Comment

I wonder why the results are pushed back. Possibly to get everyone on the same page? Judging from written to CPAT times last year, are we looking at late March early April for CPAT this year?

Comment

Originally posted by kyhunter42 View Post
        No New visible tattoos. I'm not allowed to get a tattoo that is visible while in uniform. Not sure how that will apply to new hires. My advice would be to cover them up during the process. If you have a sleeve tattoo I would wear long sleeves for the CPAT. There is no reason to draw unwanted attention. Thats just my opinion. I have a few tattoos and I'm not going to discuss whether i agree or disagree with new policy, because it doesn't matter what I think. That is just the way it is.
        Thanks KY I have a few friends I have around the Dept. and they all pretty much said the same thing I just wanted to double and triple check ! Hopefully I will be riding along side of you next year ! You got hired like 2 years ago or last year right ? Where are you working ?

Comment

Originally posted by AppSt06 View Post
          Hey guys, I took the early morning test on the 15th. Before the exam Deputy Chief Granger said they had 1,700 applicants...to be honest this number shocked me, there was about 3,000 last year...so that's a good start for us right?
          Wow, thats very surprising! I thought on the morning of the 15th there was as many as there was in my test last year. Maybe they didn't hold as many test sessions. That doubles my chances as compared to last year!

As others have said, I too believe several people were far from prepared for this test.

Comment

You got hired like 2 years ago or last year right ? Where are you working ?
            I was on the the 2009 list. Got hired Nov of 2009. I'm riding Engine 11, been there for about 6 months.

Comment

So I was talking to a Capt. with Charlotte (friend of mine I used to work with.)He said that the number of testers were way above the number 1,700 that we heard ealier in this thread. Has anyone else heard anything of the sort ? The grim number I heard was about 5,300 ! I really hope he was pulling my leg ... but surely he looked like he was very serious !

Comment

I think everyone you talk to is going to have a different number. 5,300 may have applied, but with only testing approximately 200 per test session, I don't see how that is feasible.

Comment

I heard 5300 test got sent in ... I am hoping you are correct !

Comment

I just can't see that being feasible. There wasn't that many last year even, and they didn't advertise nearly as much this year. I believe last year that approximately 1,000 went to the CPAT. I believe that's what the lady at the CPAT said.

Comment

I heard 5300 test got sent in ... I am hoping you are correct !
                      this is false, i was down in Charlotte days before the test and had the opportunity to speak with the a newly retired deputy chief from Charlotte. he told me personally only 1,700 applicants took the exam this year.

Comment

2011 Process Next Step...
                        All candidates that took the written exam will receive notification of their results approximately the week of February 21 - 25, 2011. Should you pass the written exam, you will receive instructions regarding the Candidate Physical Ability Test (CPAT)."

Havent heard jack yet..

Comment

You probably will not hear any word today due to the holiday

Comment

Originally posted by FFMedicMiami View Post
                            2011 Process Next Step...
                            All candidates that took the written exam will receive notification of their results approximately the week of February 21 - 25, 2011. Should you pass the written exam, you will receive instructions regarding the Candidate Physical Ability Test (CPAT)."

Havent heard jack yet..
                            They changed the info on the site yet again..."2011 Process Next Step...
                            All candidates that took the written exam will receive notification of their results by February 25, 2011. Should you pass the written exam, you will receive instructions regarding the Candidate Physical Ability Test (CPAT)."

So we will obviously hear something this week, the on to the CPAT...patience my friend this is a LONG process.

Comment

My friend and I both went down to take the test this year from NY and he unfortunately got his results at 11 this morning saying he failed....

Comment

My friend and I both went down to take the test this year from NY and he unfortunately got his results at 11 this morning saying he failed....

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X