No announcement yet.

Charlotte Fire Department 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jrogala - They budget 4 hours for the test, but with the exception of the audio and memorization portions, everything else is at your own pace. When I took the test two years ago, I was done within 2 1/2 hours. Good luck.

FFMedic Miami - I always tell people that if I ever move back home, it'll be to Hialeah. I pretty much spent my high school years at Chico's (12th) and the dollar theater across the street from Wasteland Mall (it's been gone a few years now). Do you speak Spanish? CFD gives a 5% pay incentive for foreign languages.

Comment

Originally posted by battlecomedown View Post
      Jrogala - They budget 4 hours for the test, but with the exception of the audio and memorization portions, everything else is at your own pace. When I took the test two years ago, I was done within 2 1/2 hours. Good luck.

FFMedic Miami - I always tell people that if I ever move back home, it'll be to Hialeah. I pretty much spent my high school years at Chico's (12th) and the dollar theater across the street from Wasteland Mall (it's been gone a few years now). Do you speak Spanish? CFD gives a 5% pay incentive for foreign languages.
      When I tested last year I believe my time was 2 - 2 1/2 hrs as well. I just hope the weather holds up. Snow up here is one thing, but snow in Charlotte is awful (because we actually have snow plows here lol). I'm testing the 15th. Good luck everyone!

Comment

im taking mine the 15th too, im coming from New York, im a volunteer here... i dont see much opportunity in FDNY so i thought why not... plus i heard charlotte is a pretty nice place to live.

Comment

Just throwing a shout out to everyone taking their test tomorrow, the 15th...Frankly, I hope I do better than you LOL but seriously, good luck!!

Comment

LMAO Well, the end of the audio part does get a little tricky, but if they paid attention, they shoulda done just fine. Seems like this was the SAME EXACT test that I took last year, oh well, better chances of doin well, I guess LOL Now, onto the CPAT...

HFD1107- Charlotte is a great place to live. Taxes are lower, housing is nicer, roads are better, shopping is nicer, area is cleaner. I just recently moved down here this month, but my wife has been down here since August (due to a job) and we love it!! While its 51 and sunny here today, its friggin 22 and snowin in Buffalo...Love it!! LOL
            Last edited by unionprivate; 01-16-2011, 10:17 AM.

Comment

Are you allowed to take any notes down for the audio portion or not?

Comment

was the same EXACT test as last year... that helped out... a lot! Audio was chaotic as usual. After the first couple questions I realized I couldn't chew gum and pay close enough attention haha. Didn't seem to be as many as last year during my 12pm test on the 15th as there was last year.

Comment

I received an email last year just saying I passed and showed the CPAT times to sign up for. No score, just a “you passed”.

Comment

I'm fairly certain that it's 70%. Then all who pass go on to the CPAT. I think I had a pass/fail report last year within 2 or 3 weeks of my test date.

Comment

I didn't think the test was all that bad. How does everybody else think they did?

Comment

Hey guys, I took the early morning test on the 15th. Before the exam Deputy Chief Granger said they had 1,700 applicants...to be honest this number shocked me, there was about 3,000 last year...so that's a good start for us right? I spoke with some members of CFD and I think a major reason for the reduced number is that CFD did no advertising for the hiring process. Last year I remember being in town and walking into a movie theater and seeing ads for the 2010 hiring process. From a department standpoint this brings in a larger applicant pool which has its advantages and disadvantages....most notably the cost of testing many more applicants.

They said 3-4 weeks on getting back then it's the CPAT from there, so looks like we'll be hearing something soon.

I've also heard that the next year or so should be decent numbers as there are a lot of FF's on the brink or retirement, then after that the number will drop significantly. So let's hope for a good year this go round...I personally am hoping the third times the charm!

Aaron

Comment

Before the exam Deputy Chief Granger said they had 1,700 applicants...to be honest this number shocked me, there was about 3,000 last year...so that's a good start for us right?
                          I think a good amount of the people taking the test probably failed or never finished. There were guys next to me that could barely read and when I was walking out there were a ton of people still on question 30 or 40 with only a half hour left. So, that boosted my hopes.

Comment

For those of you who tested on the 15th and already received the CPAT dates to choose from, what are they?

Comment

Does anyone know what Charlotte's tattoo policy is ?

Comment

They updated the CFD recruitment website....

"2011 Process Next Step...
                                All candidates that took the written exam will receive notification of their results approximately the week of February 21 - 25, 2011. Should you pass the written exam, you will receive instructions regarding the Candidate Physical Ability Test (CPAT)."

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X