Charlotte Fire Department 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by st8deke View Post
    Tank I feel ya buddy that's the same boat I'm in. I've spent 6 years in the Army doing the right thing and working my *** off and now I almost feel like the skeletons in past are going to hurt my chances too. I hope they don't but all we can really do is be honest, wait, and hope for the best to come out of all of it. Good luck to you and keep moving towards the positive.
    I've been blessed thus far. I've learned from my mistakes and moved on. I think we are still great candidates. The bottom line is Firefighters take chances.
    We know the risk. I constantly challenge myself each day to live life better then the last day. Goodluck to all of you.

Comment

• FireTank, st8deke,

Its whether or not we learn from mistakes or repeat things to establish a pattern.
      If something happened several years ago but the attitude is "oh well, its nothing" that could hurt, too. Like you've said, better to be honest but also verbalize how wrong the mistakes were.

Good luck to both of you.

Comment

• Anyone have any info? During my CPAT on the 17th no one knew anything of a tentative date or how many they may hire. They said depends on retirees and annexation. Can anyone elaborate on this?

Comment

• Yea idk dude it feels like I've been waiting for forever.... Hopefully they are going through applications now and got a head start on the early CPAT participants.... But who knows i hope we start hearing from them soon

Comment

• This is in regards to the Charlotte hiring process.
            Does Charlotte give a test every year?
            Is the list only good for one year?
            Anyone have any guess as to how many get hired per year?

Im not seeing that I should have applied for this 2011 process, but wondering if there will be a 2012.
            Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by Deluge059 View Post
              This is in regards to the Charlotte hiring process.
              Does Charlotte give a test every year?
              Is the list only good for one year?
              Anyone have any guess as to how many get hired per year?

Im not seeing that I should have applied for this 2011 process, but wondering if there will be a 2012.
              Thanks
              Yes, Charlotte Fire gives a test every year. The list is good until the next test is given. Hiring depends on number of FF needed.

I just talked to a couple guys last night. They said that "rumor" has it, 2 classes are probably goin to be hired this year, 18 FF each class. There will be some guys retiring in July, but at this point, they are still well staffed. Theyre at the point of being over staffed in some companies, forcing some guys to go to other companies for a shift, called a "time out". The OT is low at this point, with having well staffed companies and extra guys on.

Like said earlier, I know your anxious, but dont be. The process is long and arduous. It takes them time to get to the ones they deem suitable. I wouldnt be surprised if people heard something tomorrow, and I wouldnt be surprised if people didnt hear anything till September, its just the way it is.

Good Luck and stay safe!

Comment

• Private, thanks for the response! Total of 36 doesn't sound too shabby! Maybe a bunch will retire this year to enjoy their retirement before the world ends in 2012! hahaha

Comment

• Thanks for the info UnionPrivate! It's good to hear that there is a possibility of two classes being brought on this year. As for the wait you never know. I didn't get brought in for a background interview until August last year and even than the interviewer said he wasn't positive that another class would even be put through when I asked when the next class was slated to go through the Academy. He said it all depended upon retirements and budget. I do believe that a class did start in late October early November. I'm hoping this year is my year to finally get on but only time will tell.(fingers crossed)
                  Did anyone who participated last year ever get a letter informing them that their application was no longer active like years past? Just curious because my application from last year is still showing that it's active when I check it online so I'm wondering if it was just a system glitch.

Comment

• Originally posted by jpartlowjr View Post
                    Did anyone who participated last year ever get a letter informing them that their application was no longer active like years past? Just curious because my application from last year is still showing that it's active when I check it online so I'm wondering if it was just a system glitch.

I'm pretty sure I got a letter saying my last year's application was no longer active... online all it shows is "CPAT PASSED"

Comment

• Does anyone know when the other CPATs are supposed to take place?? It feels like an eternity waiting for an email lol

Comment

• Originally posted by hfd1107 View Post
                        Does anyone know when the other CPATs are supposed to take place?? It feels like an eternity waiting for an email lol
                        The practice runs were last month and I want to say the final runs are either this week or next week although I am almost positive that they are being done this week.

Comment

• CPAT Orientation Sessions: Beginning April 12, 2011

Timed CPAT Sessions: Beginning May 17, 2011

Final CPAT Sessions: Beginning June 13, 2011

Comment

• Maybe we'll start hearing something within a couple weeks then (if everything goes as fast as it did last year). It was during the "final CPAT" that several people began being contacted. *Fingers crossed*

Comment

• Haha any body heard ANYTHING YET?!?!?!??

Comment

• Not me.... Anyone here take the CPAT this past week?

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X