Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Portland OR paramedic schools?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Did you live in Vancouver while going to NCTI? I am wondering if it would be possible to live in Olympia while going to NCTI Vancouver. I know paramedic school is intense and extremely time consuming, but with no financial aid I am hoping to stay in Olympia and work part time. I might be asking too much!

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by lwright82 View Post
      Did you live in Vancouver while going to NCTI? I am wondering if it would be possible to live in Olympia while going to NCTI Vancouver. I know paramedic school is intense and extremely time consuming, but with no financial aid I am hoping to stay in Olympia and work part time. I might be asking too much!
      During our class, we had one guy drive from Olympia every day for class and one from Bellingham every class tuesday and friday. Bellingham put almost 50k on his car over the last year along. Its all about how you manage your time.

      Comment


      • #18
        Wow from Bellingham?!? That is actually where I livenow, but would be moving in with my brother while going to school in Vancouver or Tacoma. I have applied to the Central and Tacoma Community College programs already. I am also in the process of applying to NCTI and am looking for feedback on the program....?

        Comment


        • #19
          Im happy its done. I really enjoyed the instructor of the Vancouver class. It was one of the reasons why I went to that class and not the Oregon class. No one is ever going to be 100% happy with how the school/class is ran. I believe where ever you go, you will find some things you like and others that you don't like. But that is with everything

          Comment


          • #20
            I am excited to see what program I get into and then to get started! I also believe you get out, what you put in.

            Comment


            • #21
              One more question. I've looked at the NCTI program websites and it looks like for both programs you only take A+P and then go straight into the program without taking any more pre-requisties like what OSHU and PCC require (like algebra, writing, pyschology..). Is that right? How can they still give an AAS if the program is only one year long?

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by johnwemt View Post
                One more question. I've looked at the NCTI program websites and it looks like for both programs you only take A+P and then go straight into the program without taking any more pre-requisties like what OSHU and PCC require (like algebra, writing, pyschology..). Is that right? How can they still give an AAS if the program is only one year long?
                Well a degree is not based off how many years you are in school its based off how many classes you take. For instances you could get a BA in a year, you just have to take a crap load of classes at once.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by johnwemt View Post
                  One more question. I've looked at the NCTI program websites and it looks like for both programs you only take A+P and then go straight into the program without taking any more pre-requisties like what OSHU and PCC require (like algebra, writing, pyschology..). Is that right? How can they still give an AAS if the program is only one year long?
                  You have to have all the other requirements done prior to the start of NCTI. I'm am finishing my internship this month through them and we had to have everything done prior to the start

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by GoCougs View Post
                    You have to have all the other requirements done prior to the start of NCTI. I'm am finishing my internship this month through them and we had to have everything done prior to the start
                    How long is the NCTI program, including internship? Do you get your para cert before or after the internship?

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by lwright82 View Post
                      How long is the NCTI program, including internship? Do you get your para cert before or after the internship?
                      The washington class (which is in Vancouver) is roughly 14 months if you power through your cliniclas and get a busy internship location.

                      The oregon class is roughly 18 months.

                      The WA class does a 8 week A&P while the Oregon class does a 2 term 6 month A&P class. If you want to work in Oregon you need the whole A&P series (which is 3 parts at PCC or Mount Hood CC). WA doesn't require A&P. The extra hours of A&P helps get the hours for the AAS

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        I am taking the test for the Tacoma Community College paramedic program tomorrow. That is my top choice, so I really hope I do well on the test! If anyone has taken this test or made it to the interview I would appreciate any tips you may have

                        Comment

                        300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

                        Collapse

                        Upper 300x250

                        Collapse

                        Taboola

                        Collapse

                        Leader

                        Collapse
                        Working...
                        X