Going for new department

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going for new department

I am currently working for a fire department in CA. I have a chance to go back and work for my home town fire department. My current department is a big department and very secure, the department I want to go to is also pretty secure. Anybody know if there is a way to take a leave of absence just in case I don't make it through probation?
    aimtopleasenobody
    Forum Member
    Last edited by aimtopleasenobody; 12-10-2010, 08:36 AM.

Roseville as in just east of Sacramento? Check your contract and see if you have a leave of absence article. At my department we do for up to a year but the Chief has the final say. And in these times it's not something the chief is too willing to do with layoffs and such.
    villestrip
    Forum Member
    Last edited by villestrip; 12-09-2010, 02:48 AM.

Comment

More then likely the answer will be no

Someone has to fill your slot while you are gone

Possibly a liability issue with current city if you get hurt at the new job
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZdEH...e_gdata_player

Comment

Originally posted by aimtopleasenobody View Post
        I am currently working for a fire department in CA. I have a chance to go back and work for my home town fire department. My current department is a big department and very secure, the department I want to go to is also pretty secure. Anybody know if there is a way to take a leave of absence just in case I don't make it through probation?
        In this economy its better to stay where you are. 1st hired 1st fired.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
        Working...
        X