Going for new department

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going for new department

I am currently working for a fire department in CA. I have a chance to go back and work for my home town fire department. My current department is a big department and very secure, the department I want to go to is also pretty secure. Anybody know if there is a way to take a leave of absence just in case I don't make it through probation?
    Last edited by aimtopleasenobody; 12-10-2010, 07:36 AM.

Roseville as in just east of Sacramento? Check your contract and see if you have a leave of absence article. At my department we do for up to a year but the Chief has the final say. And in these times it's not something the chief is too willing to do with layoffs and such.
    Last edited by villestrip; 12-09-2010, 01:48 AM.

Comment

More then likely the answer will be no

Someone has to fill your slot while you are gone

Possibly a liability issue with current city if you get hurt at the new job
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZdEH...e_gdata_player

Comment

Originally posted by aimtopleasenobody View Post
        I am currently working for a fire department in CA. I have a chance to go back and work for my home town fire department. My current department is a big department and very secure, the department I want to go to is also pretty secure. Anybody know if there is a way to take a leave of absence just in case I don't make it through probation?
        In this economy its better to stay where you are. 1st hired 1st fired.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
        Working...
        X