Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Drug Consumption and the Fire Department. (Please read throughly)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mt5016 View Post
    it does not matter in what but i would recommend switching to paramedic. And if your medical card does come up just tell them you suffered an injury and were prescribed it by a doctor, but you no longer use and you have not for years.
    Yeah! That makes sense! Let's give highly controlled narcotics to a person with a known drug use history. Good suggestion!
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Comment

Ha, i often wonder what the old curmudgeons on here are going to complain about when they legalize weed.

Comment

Originally posted by FWDbuff View Post
        Yeah! That makes sense! Let's give highly controlled narcotics to a person with a known drug use history. Good suggestion!
        First off i didnt suggest giving him anything. he stated he was giving a prescription for marijuana legally by a doctor for back pain. so i advised if it came up in his medical records and they questioned it he should be honest about it and tell them why he was prescribed it and that he no longer uses the medication.
        Secondly, marijuana is not a narcotic.
        So lets read peoples post completely and comprehend the information correctly! roll eyes

Comment

First off i didnt suggest giving him anything. he stated he was giving a prescription for marijuana legally by a doctor for back pain. so i advised if it came up in his medical records and they questioned it he should be honest about it and tell them why he was prescribed it and that he no longer uses the medication.
          Secondly, marijuana is not a narcotic.
          So lets read peoples post completely and comprehend the information correctly! roll eyes
          Hey Meat Head, you recommended he switch to Paramedic. Hence, giving him, or giving him control of highly controlled narcotics.

Sounds like you yourself need some refresher "Reading for Comprehension" classes.....or perhaps you are defending him because you yourself have had one too many puffs??
          "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Comment

You really need to get that Business Administration degree and don't worry about trying to be hired by any fire department.

You take drugs now and you couldn't pass a drug screening, a mental exam, and not even the poly!!

Hey Meat Head, you recommended he switch to Paramedic. Hence, giving him, or giving him control of highly controlled narcotics.

Sounds like you yourself need some refresher "Reading for Comprehension" classes.....or perhaps you are defending him because you yourself have had one too many puffs??

Ease up Frances.
            Last edited by Jonnee; 12-09-2010, 05:54 PM.

Comment

On point of topic, go back to what YOU want to do! Everyone's advice on here is just their opinions! Granted they are mostly truthful, but if you want something bad enough go for it. There are and will still be firefighters on big name city departments that have used marijuana and got hired!!

Comment

your worried about a kid that smoked a little dope being on an ambulance??? haha that thought didnt enter my head because its so ridiculous. you act like this kid has track marks up and down his arms or something. big deal he smoked weed when he was a teenager. maybe you were a little angel whos never broken off the path. you are such a model citizen that we a should all strive to be. just saying if presidents can be elected after dabbling in drugs you are worried about a paramedic hahahaha

Comment

give me a break, the kid is 19 which means he was 16-18 smoking weed probably more than what hes actually saying but you guys are acting like this job is for priests. i mean like the one guy said this is not a church confessional. Your going to tell me 1/2 on here and if not more of actual fireman out there didnt smoke a little weed in their younger days.

I agree with this much of your post. He is not the first, or last kid to get high and decides he likes it! And I could care less that he did. He got a marijauna card and smoked away. He has now realized that this may not have been the best career move.

The problem that I, and I believe others have, is that he is trying to blow smoke up our collective arses about the circumstances and conditions of his drug use. There are about 800 threads on this topic and they all end up the same way.

Also, when your first post is about drug use, leather helmets, or flashlights...it usually doesn't go well.

Comment

Thanks for being honest about being a liar, a con-artist and a Pot Head. We don't need your type in the fire service. I strongly suggest that you seek happiness elsewhere.
                    Stay Safe
                    Bull

“Guys if you get hurt, we’ll help you. If you get sick we’ll treat you. If you want to bitch and moan, then all I can tell you is to flick the sand out of your slit, suck it up or get the hell out!”
                    - Capt. Marc Cox CFD

Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result.
                    -WINSTON CHURCHILL

Comment

just saying if presidents can be elected after dabbling in drugs you are worried about a paramedic hahahaha
                      Firefighters are held to a higher standard than the President.
                      Stay Safe
                      Bull

“Guys if you get hurt, we’ll help you. If you get sick we’ll treat you. If you want to bitch and moan, then all I can tell you is to flick the sand out of your slit, suck it up or get the hell out!”
                      - Capt. Marc Cox CFD

Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result.
                      -WINSTON CHURCHILL

Comment

Originally posted by TVFR9923 View Post
                        I agree with this much of your post. He is not the first, or last kid to get high and decides he likes it! And I could care less that he did. He got a marijauna card and smoked away. He has now realized that this may not have been the best career move.

The problem that I, and I believe others have, is that he is trying to blow smoke up our collective arses about the circumstances and conditions of his drug use. There are about 800 threads on this topic and they all end up the same way.

Also, when your first post is about drug use, leather helmets, or flashlights...it usually doesn't go well.
                        i agree with that

Comment

Originally posted by jmal View Post
                          Im not buying it. I think you got your card so you can smoke all the time without worrying about the cops on your tail; just like every kid out here in cali wants. You can pay $200 and get your card for "back pain" from a doc.
                          If you "hurt your back" then wouldn't your parents know?

The departments here are just as strict when it come to drug testing.
                          Of course my back pain is not bad enough to not be able to be a firefighter. Getting a Medical Card in cali is easy, just so you dont get busted by cops. Duh! Its CALIFORNIA!! lol. but seriously, i dont smoke anymore so when i get asked that at an interview i will just say the truth, that it was a mistake i made when i was younger, and that i been clean ever since.

Comment

Originally posted by BULL321 View Post
                            Thanks for being honest about being a liar, a con-artist and a Pot Head. We don't need your type in the fire service. I strongly suggest that you seek happiness elsewhere.
                            thanks for the advice. we also dont need *******S in the fire service.

Comment

Originally posted by ASolaberrieta View Post
                              thanks for the advice. we also dont need *******S in the fire service.
                              btw, that said *********$

Comment

december 12 2010
                                Last edited by johnwemt; 11-22-2011, 06:33 PM.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X