No announcement yet.

Virginia Beach 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ya i hear ya, gotta 5 hr drive for me plus this storm thats coming monday tuesday i believe, to take the test pass backround and hope to win the "lottery"

Comment

Made the trip for the 9am test. 240 sat on my test. They said the early test was for out of state testers, which included some from as far as CA. Just wondering how many other tests there were and how many in each?

I was told they were looking to hire 25-40.

Comment

I was there as well, as I was walking out it seemed that there was another test around 1 or so.

Comment

I know someone who was testing at 5 so maybe three or four test during the day??
          To the men who were there that day, my utmost respect.
          To those that will be there the next time, Ill be there by your side

Comment

With average of 240 applicants with 3 or 4 different test times(720-960 applicants guessing), I’m still wondering what the "lottery" system is for. Regardless, I’m sure we are all going to continue with the process either way, just curious. I’ve never seen this before.

Comment

The updated sheet they handed out after the tested stated they would select "up to 400" So we'll see what happens. I would say the tests that included majority of locals was much higher than 240. And yes, after my test it seemed as there were people beginning to show up for an additional tests. I would say with allowing 2 1/2 hours they would do 3 tests. Otherwise that makes for a long day and a lot of overtime for VBFD staff.

Comment

Info

Anyone know how many actually passed the written exam?

Comment

I passed the test,I also received a background check/application, and a physical agility packet in the mail last week. Anyone else get this?

Comment

I also passed, received all the same stuff. probably hand it in when I go down to one of the physical agility practices dates. Anyone else have any info??

Comment

Sent all my stuff in, and no word. Anyone have any info?

Comment

If you look at the yellow paper they gave us after the written, STAGE FOUR is from April-May. My WAVE account still says I passed the written. All packets were due by April 1st so I’m not planning on anything until the end of April, beginning of May.

Comment

Originally posted by tonsoffun1101 View Post
                          I also passed, received all the same stuff. probably hand it in when I go down to one of the physical agility practices dates. Anyone else have any info??
                          How did the agility practice test go?

Comment

Originally posted by ben29 View Post
                            If you look at the yellow paper they gave us after the written, STAGE FOUR is from April-May. My WAVE account still says I passed the written. All packets were due by April 1st so I’m not planning on anything until the end of April, beginning of May.
                            Yeah I saw this part, but I figured I would hear something as to if I'm selected to be part of the 400 to move on. I would surely think they would give notification with plenty of time before the testing dates... at least 1 month.

Just wondering if I was part of the 400 the computer "randomly" picked

Comment

Bw3 the agility practice test went well. It's the same as the video on there website.

Comment

Any changes? I checked my WAVE account this morning and it says "Passed test. Selected for further review." This mean I am a part of the "random 400" or does everyone’s say this?

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X